Topic: Favourite Commentary?!

Be it WAYDM or something else...  What's your favourite commentary...

WAYDM - Hook... is my WAYDM fave of the moment. It's good fun - I likes the earlier ones when the lads have had a tipple and shoot the shit.

Dr Horrible sing-a-long-blog - Commentary the musical comes in a photo finish first, I'm a sucker for musicals - don't hate, appreciate.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Favourite Commentary?!

I really like the LOTR commentaries - both official and WAYDM.

Joss Whedon's commentary for the Avengers is pretty good. That man is frighteningly brilliant.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Nick Meyer's commentary for Star Trek II (available on the Special Edition 2-disc DVD set) is pretty solid.

Twilight is my favorite WAYDM, it does a great job explaining the main problems with the franchise.

(We've had a thread about our favorite FIYH episodes some months ago wink )

Last edited by MartyJ (2014-12-09 18:51:17)

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been public about it, but the Boogie Nights commentary is great.  It's so casual, people are cooking, there's a baby somewhere, but in the middle of it all people are having a great conversation about the film.  It fit for the ensemble nature of the film.  Just a lot of fun.

I have an allergic eration to hearing my own voice, but in terms of WAYDM commentaries I've been on, I think the ones I can stand to listen to are Twilight, LOTR, Alien, and The Prestige.  Of commentaries I wasn't on but I really dug, Raiders was great.  Abyss was the very best of the man called Trey.  There's a million I'm leaving out, but off the top of my head those are good ones.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

I have an allergic eration to hearing my own voice

Be very glad that didn't auto correct to "allergic erection".

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Lost in Space commentary is very fun, as I believe the writer and director go into detail what the hell went wrong, what the original idea was and what the sequel was going to be like. Production was a clusterfuck, and they admit to it.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Robert Rodriguez' El Mariachi commentary is packed with insight on low budget filmmaking. I got a lot out of it, and I've never even watched the movie by itself.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So, this isn't quite a full-length commentary, but it's enough of one that it totally counts. It's also one of my most favourite episodes of any podcast I've heard, and it's been part of my Christmas tradition for the past few years.

My friends asked their listeners which Christmas movie they wanted them to review, and the winner was The Muppet Christmas Carol. And I assure you, even if you don't think you're a fan of The Muppet Christmas Carol (or even if you hate it), I have absolutely no doubt that you'll consider listening to this as an hour well-spent. Trust me wink

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Herc wrote:

My friends asked their listeners which Christmas movie they wanted them to review, and the winner was The Muppet Christmas Carol. And I assure you, even if you don't think you're a fan of The Muppet Christmas Carol (or even if you hate it), I have absolutely no doubt that you'll consider listening to this as an hour well-spent. Trust me wink

Apparently someone needs to reorient my expectations on this. Cause I got about 12 minutes in and I have no flipping clue whats going on. As far as I can tell it's two guys spouting a constant stream of nonsense.

Um...help?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

You'll get it, soon. For most people, the shoe drops by the 15 minute mark. Can't really say too much more without spoiling it though.

edit: and the first few minutes is obviously all the "hello, how was your week?" stuff. film review starts about 7 minutes in

Last edited by Herc (2014-12-22 23:28:23)

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Fair enough I guess.

I'll keep listening when I have more time.

ZangrethorDigital.ca