Topic: What You Missed in 2014 (Pt. 2)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: What You Missed in 2014 (Pt. 2)

The Feel Bad Movie of the Year! - Teague Chrystie

That needs to go on the Gone Girl poster.

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2014-08/1/2/enhanced/webdr11/enhanced-buzz-wide-384-1406873867-8.jpg

Last edited by avatar (2014-12-24 14:44:07)

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Update: Finally saw Gone Girl last night.  Now one of my top five movies of the year, might even be my fave.

I figured you'd like that one.  big_smile

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Feel Bad Movie of the Year! - Teague Chrystie
That needs to go on the Gone Girl poster.

Would that be "feel bad" in a "why the heck did I watch this" way, or a "yes I feel bad but I am happy with that" way ?

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

More like "this movie has validated all the reasons I feel bad so I feel good about that".   It's somewhere between the most cynical movie of the year and the deepest-black comedy of the year.  Or at least I choose to read it that way. smile
It's a perfect vehicle for Fincher's sensibilities, but never gets as grim as Se7en or Dragon Tattoo.  Thumbs way up.

I thought Gone Girl was a really hysterical black comedy, but except for one other guy I was pretty much alone laughing in the theater. None of my movie-loving friends shared my outlook, either.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did you guys mention the 300 sequel? Just like the Sin City sequel, it featured Eva Green's obligatory breasts (it's in her contract), but no one cared either way.

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/sc_green_teaser.jpg

Last edited by avatar (2014-12-25 13:59:00)

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

More like "this movie has validated all the reasons I feel bad so I feel good about that".   It's somewhere between the most cynical movie of the year and the deepest-black comedy of the year.  Or at least I choose to read it that way. smile

Not quite sure what you mean, but think that's a good thing and I'm ok with that  smile, will give it a shot.

Jason doesn't teleport.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Did you guys mention the 300 sequel? Just like the Sin City sequel, it featured Eva Green's obligatory breasts (it's in her contract), but no one cared either way.

For what it's worth, the 300 sequel is vastly better than the original (which is really terrible in retrospect), mostly thanks to Eva Green completely stealing the movie and being an awesome over-the-top villain. She's like the female Gary Oldman at this point, she just fucking goes for it 110%.

Last edited by bullet3 (2014-12-25 10:17:03)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

But before you praise her like a God, remember that she was also in WOMB and CRACKS.

...Also, upon fetching those links, I realised she's been in only a handful of movies. Huh.

Thumbs up Thumbs down