Re: Suggest an Episode

Sam Dee wrote:

How about Edge of Tomorrow?

http://media.tumblr.com/edbe850b56d408eb5a2f33d0b8459a77/tumblr_n4meflOQAy1rhavdko1_500.gif

"Tomorrow! Tomorrow! The Edge of Tomorrow! The episode's always a day away..."

Last edited by Invid (2014-12-15 01:12:19)

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My family watched Saving Mr. Banks again today, which reminded me that I really want to see you guys unleashed on it. That and the original Mary Poppins could make quite the interesting double commentary.

Last edited by Abbie (2014-12-26 22:39:58)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I recently listen to Grab Bag 6: The Bag that never stops grabbing, and heard that Blade 2 and 3 are strong contenders for our panelists to watch.

I know Alex wanted in on it, but I would love Eddie's take as well. I realize there are three films, so I would settle for 2 or 3-Trey seemed to really like 3.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Having just seen Inherent Vice, I would love to see what y'all make of it. Best film I've seen in a long while (though I know you guys weren't huge fans of the previous Anderson/Phoenix collaboration).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

Well, I recently listen to Grab Bag 6: The Bag that never stops grabbing, and heard that Blade 2 and 3 are strong contenders for our panelists to watch.

I know Alex wanted in on it, but I would love Eddie's take as well. I realize there are three films, so I would settle for 2 or 3-Trey seemed to really like 3.

I am very fond of Blade 2.  Everything from the tone to the fight choreography just work.  Blade 3 does very little  for me.  Feels largely inert.  I could watch Blade 1 again but I wouldn't run to it.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Blade 2 is one of the all time greats in my book. Find me another comic book blockbuster that's willing to push the violence and nightmare creature designs that far. It feels edgy in a way these kinds of movies never do, the action is great, the cast is fun, everything about it works (except for 1 really bad CGI fight).

Blade 3 is utter garbage. It's the Itchy and Scratchy and Poochy skit personified. Lets take all the characters people love and completely sideline them in favor of a new team of HIP YOUNG market-tested ipod using protagonists. Everything about that movie is like a concentrated dose of hipster 2000s bullshit, it's infuriating.

Last edited by bullet3 (2015-01-24 07:09:10)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think Blade 2 is great, aside from some minor detail points. The opening scene is incredibly dark and creepy, but in a good way (and I rarely say that). I think the original is still quite interesting, both from a comic book point of view, and a world building point of view. While 2 is arguably the stronger outing, 1 is more interesting to me from a production point of view. 3 is just a trip in to the craziness of Wesley Snipes.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love Blade 2, it's an almost perfect blend of action, pathos and cool. It does seem to fall foul of the rule of ninja trope (I think that's what's it called) with the reapers towards the end of the second act, but that's hardly a flaw. When it came out it was weird seeing one of the Bros (a UK pop boy band from the 90s) playing a bad guy - though he did a great job.

This much I remember from Blade 3, when it ended I was really curious to what Goyer would say about it on a commentary - it's badly cast and the writing is all over the place. I've read Snipes' attitude wasn't very professional so maybe that would explain the shift towards the Nightstalkers team.

By the way, Goyer's commentary with Snipes for Blade 2 is worth a listen.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Everyone talks about how Snipes was a nightmare to Goyer on set, but I can't blame him. Every decision Goyer was bringing to the table was a terrible idea that shit on the previous movies, no wonder he was pissed off and just got high all day to get through it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know this is from Cracked but this article relates some of Snipes behavior (#4 in the list): http://www.cracked.com/article_20487_th … ovies.html

I need to listen to the commentaries for the film but I just find the whole production of Blade interesting.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Intermission episode: when is cynicism (as opposed to fatalism and pessimism) justified? when is hope?
Etc.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Since Interstellar came out on video today, I was wondering if you guys wanted to do a commentary on it... big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down