Re: Star Wars: Winter Trench Run

Also, I just figured out what was bugging me about the original video Boter.

During the attack runs, like the car coming towards the camera at :22, there aren't any snowballs or anything coming at the car. So you don't get the same feeling of "being shot at it in the trench" as you do in the original clip, it's just a car driving down the road. And especially when the X-Wing gets taken out, there's no actual shots beind fired, so it just looks like the car is spinning out on it's own, not "being blown up".

On my first watch through I remember being confused about what was happening, because I couldn't remember the original shot-for-shot, so it was weird trying to follow the action without actual shots being fired.

Just my two bits.

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2015-02-21 03:04:03)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Yeah, I didn't have the manpower for continually shooting snowballs at the car. If I had three more people for the job then yeah, I would've liked to do it.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Maybe start the thread and get the working script working?

I think there is plenty of interest, but I really wouldn't mind some collaboration instead of slapping a potentially bad script together wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think the Battle of Endor could be better. It's bigger, and has more characters.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Man, I didn't think the idea was going to be so popular. I have absolutely zero time for the next months, but if you guys want to get things going, feel free to do so. A custom written battle would be awesome. Otherwise, Hoth could be neat.

EDIT: thought about Endor too. It has potential, but you'd need to check whether it holds up when getting rid of the Emperor and Ewok parts.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-02-21 11:38:07)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

I have absolutely zero time for the next months

It's not a community project if it takes less than two years smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Which is why I'm not too worried about this. tongue

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, I'd rather have a custom written one, as it allows for more characters, but then we'll have to worry about CG to make actually be a star wars thing, as we can't just use audio like Boter did.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'd be totally down for Lego integrations. big_smile  If I'd be to shoot during the summer (granted, it's in quite a few months), I'd have access to a great many SW ships (Owen can testify). I can basically remake any SW battle with my own sets (except the Super Star Destroyer; by the way, my birthday is in September, just sayin').

Last edited by Saniss (2015-02-21 14:12:00)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, now I have to finish my Star Destroyer (not the super one, but still smile ).

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Endor definitely works as space-only:

Anybody here own a bus or a big rig to stand in for capital ships? tongue

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Lego ships would be absolutely awesome!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I call dibs on the Falcon cockpit! I'd totally grow a stache for that.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

I call dibs on the Falcon cockpit! I'd totally grow a stache for that.

I'll be Nien Numb! Hahahah

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Brian has to do Wedge or else...something...don't rush me...

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Guys I am in this and it is so cool.

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls053181649/vi … 3179985177

They asked permission a few days ago, first I saw someone with no followers on Twitter who messaged me and I'm like, "Um, okay?" but then saw a message on my Facebook page for it explaining it. Pretty damn psyched! Happy 40th birthday, Star Wars!

Nifty! Congrats.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down