Re: Cool vids...again.

There was a 3G art festival here in Iceland recently. 3G's stood for Goonies, Gremlins and Ghostbusters. Artists made all kinds of cool things around these movies. One band FM Belfast made a haunting version of the Ghostbusters theme song.

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

I suppose this goes here?

It does have a cool vid attached. Here's the deal: sciencey-computer-folk mapped out all 302 neurons in the nematode C. elegans, and then implemented this structure as software in a Lego body. So fucking cool!
And I really hope this Lego species is dubbed C++ elegans.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Just saw this for the first time and I cannot stop watching it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Posted by screwballscramble in the chat (thanks). It really needs to be preserved for posterity, so I'll copy it here.

Push the "CC" button for some additional fun.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Most people don't even know what sysadmins do, but trust me, if they all took a lunch break at the same time they wouldn't make it to the deli before you ran out of bullets protecting your canned goods from roving bands of mutants."

-- http://stilldrinking.org/programming-sucks

I'm not crying... I'm just making a lasagna...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am amused.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Anything Who can do, I can Who better

i don't know how I missed this, but this is absolutely gods damned fantastic. Really wish I could have seen the show.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Just amazing.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

The Princess Bride meets Game of Thrones.... your welcome.

Last edited by Snail (2015-03-14 01:19:26)

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

The kid's reaction at the end would probably be my feeling after watching GoT for the first time.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The Leviathan -- Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-45NTlgp-o

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I saw that last night. Bloody freaking phenomenal. Really hope they get to develop it further.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

TIE Fighter short film, 80s anime style.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

That was amazing, thanks so much for sharing. I'm going to watch it five more times now if that's okay with everybody else.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Two former students from my school are now music video directors. They just released the video they made for french artist Martin Mey:

Really liked it.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love Stan Lee....

First place I worked out here, this artist in the same room as me was telling a story about how he was in an elevator once at some convention-hotel, cracking people up with his Stan Lee impression — 'EXSH-SHELSHIOR" and shit — and the doors opened, and Stan Lee was right there.

This guy was pretty sure Stan must have been able to hear him, at least a little bit, through the elevator doors... but he just sort of prayed that that didn't happen. Stan gets on, smiles politely at everyone, and the elevator continues down to the ground floor. Awkward silence ensues. After a moment, the guy decides Stan must not have heard him.

When they get to the ground, the doors open, Stan pats him on the shoulder re-assuringly, and leaves.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I say again....

Snail wrote:

I love Stan Lee....

big_smile

So, a bit of random video, but apparently they did a Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman reunion, with a little bit of a modern touch: http://FunnyOrDie.com/m/9btl

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Alright, more fun with the talented people at Man of Arms:

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down