Re: Announcement: Goodnight, Goodnight!

Y'all are awesome and make awesome shit, and I intend to be here for whatever awesome thing you do next. If I could send you a fist bump through the internet I would. Job well done.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Raven wrote:

I found you guys entirely on accident (that's for Trey)

http://www.bakthavathsalam.com/images/Chest-Pain.jpg

Raven wrote:

And I could listen to Trey tell stories all day

http://www.sunnyskyz.com/images/webpics/2012-11/98fl3-happy-face.jpg

I've always thought someone should collect the various Trey stories and put them together. A special "Trey Tales" episode or something.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

I've always thought someone should collect the various Trey stories and put them together. A special "Trey Tales" episode or something.

Naw, man. They got special guys to do that.

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

I've always thought someone should collect the various Trey stories and put them together. A special "Trey Tales" episode

I misread that as a 'Trey Tables episode'  lol

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Faldor wrote:
Invid wrote:

I've always thought someone should collect the various Trey stories and put them together. A special "Trey Tales" episode

I misread that as a 'Trey Tables episode'  lol

Hey, they'll go great with Teague's shelves.

Last edited by Abbie (2015-03-03 16:48:19)

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

So.....

Does anyone want Documentality to continue?  Because I'm thinking I can keep it going, provided there's enough interest on me doing so.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +7 Thumbs down

Yes please, I've been learning a ton from it and enjoying the hell out of the episodes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hell yes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

So.....

Does anyone want Documentality to continue?  Because I'm thinking I can keep it going, provided there's enough interest on me doing so.

I don't think anyone here could say no to that! Yes Please.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

Does anyone want Documentality to continue?

Me. I want this!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Absolutely, yes.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111172491/3959969-z.gif

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So now for my actual thoughts in the Announcement.  I'm normally verbose to a fault so I'll keep this brief. 

I was a good editor before I became a friend in your head.  I am far better at what I do now, in no small part because of this.  More than that though, this podcast has solidified friendships that will last me my lifetime.  I was friends with Trey when we started but the rest of the DIF/WAYDM family is exactly that, they're family to me.   I've been so stupidly lucky to have such wonderful people in my life as both friends and collaborators.  My 4 year old loves his Aunt Cloe and Uncle "Teeth," and you guys, this forum, have literally heard of his growth in real time.  While I'm sad to see FIYH in it's current iteration come to an end, I know that the relationships I've formed are anything but over, and at the end of the day, like Teague said, it's act of doing for the sake of doing that matters the most.

By hte way, Teague.  You.  You are a goddamned inspiration.  I stand in awe of your brain, your work ethic and most of all, your aggressive, in your face fucking KINDNESS.  You are the most decent guy I know.  I was honored when you asked me to be a part of this, and you've been nothing but supportive the entire time I've known you.  You are an entrenched part of my life, so get used to it, sucker.  Thank you for the totality of THIS.

And yeah...Documentality will live on.  Why?  Because you all have inspired me.  You all motivate me.  And like I said in our 1 year anniversary show, this podcast and this community filled the cinematic gap that was created when my father passed.  The film club we started was reincarnated when this community came into my life.  So for now, until the end of my days, I shall forever be...your friend (in your head).

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +9 Thumbs down

Six years ago I was finishing highschool and had an interest in making films for a living (but that'd be crazy right?).  I had made some short films with a mini DV camera and was doing my own VFX but knew almost nothing about the film industry. I listened to the Geekza "VFX and You" episode and decided that I should at least give it a go.

Six years later (with a lot of inspiration from Friends in Your Head), I am now working full-time making feature films for a living. It's been awesome (and crazy) so far.

Thanks everyone!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

So.....

Both the mikes and the RSS feed are there, so I see no reason for any of you to not use them. The commentaries and intermissions are on pause, but the rest can go on. Hell, do a special episode on movie fight scenes or something.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

So now for my actual thoughts in the Announcement.  I'm normally verbose to a fault so I'll keep this brief. 

I was a good editor before I became a friend in your head.  I am far better at what I do now, in no small part because of this.  More than that though, this podcast has solidified friendships that will last me my lifetime.  I was friends with Trey when we started but the rest of the DIF/WAYDM family is exactly that, they're family to me.   I've been so stupidly lucky to have such wonderful people in my life as both friends and collaborators.  My 4 year old loves his Aunt Cloe and Uncle "Teeth," and you guys, this forum, have literally heard of his growth in real time.  While I'm sad to see FIYH in it's current iteration come to an end, I know that the relationships I've formed are anything but over, and at the end of the day, like Teague said, it's act of doing for the sake of doing that matters the most.

By hte way, Teague.  You.  You are a goddamned inspiration.  I stand in awe of your brain, your work ethic and most of all, your aggressive, in your face fucking KINDNESS.  You are the most decent guy I know.  I was honored when you asked me to be a part of this, and you've been nothing but supportive the entire time I've known you.  You are an entrenched part of my life, so get used to it, sucker.  Thank you for the totality of THIS.

And yeah...Documentality will live on.  Why?  Because you all have inspired me.  You all motivate me.  And like I said in our 1 year anniversary show, this podcast and this community filled the cinematic gap that was created when my father passed.  The film club we started was reincarnated when this community came into my life.  So for now, until the end of my days, I shall forever be...your friend (in your head).

Well said, Eddie. I have appreciate all of you and your inspiration in terms of film knowledge, and just just life in general. I would be remiss if I didn't say that I second what you say about Teague. I've known a lot of decent people, but Teague, is someone who just surprises me with his generosity.

Actually, this entire forum surprises me with their generosity. I ask for tips on something and someone, somewhere, sends me a message. I go through difficult or frustrating times, and someone gives me an ear to listen. Likewise, I have had the opportunity to encourage those of you who need it.

Thank you for your words, Eddie, as they remind me (once more) about how special you all are smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would like to subscribe to your podcast, Eddie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

So.....

'ken oath mate, honestly they took a few eps to grow on me but they have reignited my love of documentaries which i used to watch a lot of.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

New documentalities would be awesome Eddie. I've watched almost all of the docs you've focused on and for the most part they've been interesting if not enjoyable. Side note- Overnight and Dear Zachary make for a very interesting "ways to hate humanity" double feature.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Very sad. I had, only this week, revisited all the podcasts and was up to date the moment "goodnight goodnight" was released. I hope that the inference of there being "special event" episodes was not merely my hoping. Will endeavour to be more active in the forum. For every comment that made me scowl or scoff there were 10 that made me guffaw - thanks!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Eddie wrote:

So.....

I'll add another vote for this. Documentality was quickly becoming my favorite podcast on the FIYH "Network"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

eddie please keep going!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

joerule wrote:
Eddie wrote:

So.....

I'll add another vote for this. Documentality was quickly becoming my favorite podcast on the FIYH "Network"

Deamon wrote:

eddie please keep going!

I'll also add a vote...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt3t6kqSso1qa7sdzo1_500.jpg

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

joerule wrote:
Eddie wrote:

So.....

Deamon wrote:

eddie please keep going!

I'll also add a vote...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt3t6kqSso1qa7sdzo1_500.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WCuzegrtzLM/U61rBrNBuLI/AAAAAAABPl4/xcgK5NFnwDo/s1600/You+shall+be+the+Fellowship+of+the+Ring.jpg

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool