Re: Obscure personal questions.

Teague wrote:

Grossest bodily experience you've had?

I'm not exactly clear on what this question is asking. a) Grossest injury? b) Grossest activity? c) Grossest experience?

a) Breaking a toe and ripping the toenail off
b) The girl who wanted me to pee on her
c) As a volunteer firefighter - encountering livestock which had been killed by bush fire (and the hours before hand of listening to their screams but being unable to reach them)

If I've answered correctly, which was your worst haircut? Provide photographic proof.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You gave three correct answers. Also, ughhhh.

Also, this. Some time in late high school. I have no idea what the fuck. This is not what I was asking for.

http://i.imm.io/Uwr2.jpeg

You have permission to brag in the following response: what single thing that you've been responsible for impressed you the most?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My Regeneration effect. The responses I've been getting on it is astonishing. I'n really proud of the result, and impressed that I managed to do it. There, I said it.

Most awesome stunt you managed to pull off, intentional or accidental?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The XL-1 still looks like a badass camera

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

You wanna talk about bad haircuts?

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/72/7c94ee021d5f34e95bb60f843a4fa44c/l.jpg

Most awesome stunt? I once accidentally tripped off the top step on a set of stairs, hit my head on the low ceiling, almost loop-de-looped right down to the bottom and finally crashed head first in to the corner. I blacked out for a few seconds and then laughed hysterically. All this after shouting 'Hello Cleveland!' at the top of the stairs.

What is your most 'n00b' moment?

Last edited by Owen_Ward (2013-01-29 20:39:17)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Today, at the gym. Never gone before. I literally had no idea what anything did up there. Felt like an idiot, but thankfully, I had friends come along.

Also, I saw a Canon XH-A1 on Saturday. Couldn't find the on-switch.

Your best bromance moment?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There was a Jiu Jtsu tournament I was in several years back and I had made it to the semi finals against some dude.  We had a fucking WAR.  Tons of reversals, tons of near submissions.  At one point I had him in a neck crank and he was literally about to tap when the ref informed me no neck cranks were allowed.  After a rest we went back at it.  He did this jumping guard pass that caused an accidental head butt and knocked me half out.  We restarted it, and time ran out as I had a kneebar on him, but he was up by 2 points.  I never this dude's name but after the match we were so fucking exhausted we just hugged for like a minute straight.  I lost, but to this day its one of my proudest fighting moments.  Never saw him again but for 10 minutes he was my warrior brother who one day will join me in Valhalla, or something.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Bromance if there ever was one...
... he will join you in Valhöll ( Valhalla to you yanks) if you both die in battle and the Valkyrjur (Valkyrie) judge you fit...

... and your question?

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

Oops,

Question:  Name something you created that has not aged well at all.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My one hopeless, teenage, wangst-filled attempt to write a pop-punk song on unrequited love. I cringe at the mere memory.

If you could live in any film genre, which would you choose? Be as specific or as nebulous as you like.

Last edited by Abbie (2013-02-04 22:30:06)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Darth Praxus wrote:

If you could live in any film genre, which would you choose? Be as specific or as nebulous as you like.

Science fiction-actually, I will settle for a near modern world with holographic technology and voice activated computers a la Star Trek so I can illustrate what I write.

Who explained the facts of life to you and did it make sense?

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

Who explained the facts of life to you and did it make sense?

Learned it on my own reading a medical book at 12. Funny story, I actually felt bad about it because I figured it was probably something my dad would want to tell me himself. So later I asked him how people have kids so he could tell me.

What is a method of dying that particularly terrifies you?

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Drowning. Fuuuck that. Desperately struggling to do anything to get air, but know you wont, and your body is going to force you to inhale in a second but all you're going to get is water so you know you're dead and you're so pumped full of adrenaline and terror and you're heart's beating so fast and nonononono fuck that.

What skill do you wish you had but know you'll never bother to learn?

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doing visual effects in video form. I've gotten to the point where I'm considered "The Photoshop Guy" in several of my circles (well, actually the GIMP guy, but everyone just assumes Photoshop), but in terms of dicking around with After Effects and whatnot I'll just never get the motivation, as VFX isn't something I'd ever seek a career in. Editing is a different story.

What is the book that has most changed you as a person, and why?

Last edited by Abbie (2015-03-26 04:32:17)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Probably the Tao Te Ching.  I grappled mightily with existential questions around age 12, and simply wasn't finding answers I needed.  I was a bit lonely and aloof in my prepubescence.  When I was 13 I was playing a ton of tabletop RPG's and one of them was a Martial Arts themed game where your character class was essentially your style.  I first learned of Taosim from that and got curious enough to check out the Tao Te Ching at my library.  Suddenly, all those questions that churned inside me started to settle.  Not because the book had any answers.  It was because the book was basically....fuck answers.  Learning to find peace and stillness in surrendering the human need to assert control was immensely liberating.  It informed my world view then, as it does now.

If you could be any religion for a day, what would it be?

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Scientologist. Because, aliens.

What did you want to be when you grew up, and where did you wind up instead?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I wanted to be a video game designer, largely in part to the awesome interview at the end of the strategy guide for the game Diablo. Fast forward quite a few years, I get to college to get a Computer Science degree and find out that I can't code worth beans, squeaking by with C's my freshman year because I documented the hell out of my programs to say why they should have worked even if they didn't. Sophomore year I walked into a math class for CompSci, took the "you should know this stuff by now" pretest, then NOPED the hell down to the registrar to switch to the only major that had anything resembling film classes, because I was really digging this whole Star Wars fanfilm thing I'd been getting into the last few years. I ended up knowing more than the teacher of the "film" class but that's okay. I met cool people, including my wife, and graduated with a Professional and Technical Communications degree (combo tech writing and graphic design). Eventually I ended up where I am today, as a wedding videographer. I hope it's not what I do the rest of my life, but it could certainly be worse.

What's an opinion you have now that a younger version of yourself would be appalled at?

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Taxes. I don't give a damn. I'm a socially conservative Christian, and I grew up in TN as a political conservative, so increasing taxes was something that I felt strongly about. Now, I think it makes sense that taxes can be raised too much and discourage growth, but in my experience the same people who are upset about taxes (conservatives mostly) are more concerned about keeping their money instead of acting out the faith and love they believe in by using it to help others.
If only the Christian churches banded together, we'd be capable of solving the poverty problem in the US at least. But they're more concerned about the government taking their money while claiming they trust God.

Well I actually do trust God to provide, and since christians aren't doing what we should, the government can take the money. Shut up and act your faith.

What is the single most wonderful thing someone unrelated to you has done for you?

Witness me!

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

I don't have a specific person or thing, but what I would reference is multiple failed relationships

I was not a pleasant young man, but I didn't have particular difficulty in getting into relationships. Each of these failed, but whether it was me or other party who ended things, i always learned something. Usually this  something was about the kind of person that I was, and I began to reevaluate my actions and assumptions. Over time I think I've become ... Better.

What skill do you wish you had, but know you won't obtain?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm gonna reinterprete that so it's a bit different from the one further up the page, as, "..but know you will never be able to obtain."

I would absolutely love to learn how to scuba dive, especially deep sea stuff getting down to shipwrecks and that sort of thing. It's just something that absolutely fascinates me and I've always had a love for ocean life.

Unfortunately when I was growing up I had chronic inner ear issues, most of my childhood was spent with severe ear infections. I still get them every once in a while, and it means I'm probably going to have minor tinnitus for my entire life (If I'm alone in a quiet room these days for too long, the ringing in my ears builds in volume until it starts to give me a serious headache, and just generally it makes it very hard to focus in quiet spaces), but the real issue is that because of it the inside of my ears is so scarred and just generally brutalized that even diving a few meters in a swimming pool causes intense inner ear pain, if I stay underwater for too long I get absolutely splitting headaches and a massive ringing in my ear.

So as much as it's something I would absolutely love to do and learn, the honest answer is that unless there is some fancy gear I don't know about, it's probably not going happen. At least not with a pressurized sub.

Considering the entire planet, what part of it do you absolutely wish you could see before you die? (Can be anything or anywhere, big sight or small sight)

Last edited by BigDamnArtist (2015-04-13 05:47:46)

ZangrethorDigital.ca

This place. THIS PLACE!

It's called Elliðaey in a group of islands called Vestmmannaeyjar
http://www.travelet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/a-house-on-an-island.jpg
http://www.heimaslod.is/images/thumb/5/5f/Ellidaey.jpg/600px-Ellidaey.jpg

What's the most you've ever spent on a non-necessary thing?

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Ooooooooooooohhhh yeeeeeeaaaaaaah. Bringing this thing back from the grave, almost a year to the date to boot.

Writhyn wrote:

What's the most you've ever spent on a non-necessary thing?

Honestly, mine's kinda dull, but if that's what it takes to get this going again, I shall revivify with my dullness... I've never exactly had a ton of spare cash to throw around. Right after I moved to Vancouver for film school I bought a bike, decent enough, just over $250 I think, something like that, cause I figured hey, I'm close enough to school I can just ride there.

Cut to 6 months later, I'm moving, never rode the damn thing once. Can't even remember what I did with it. Sold it I think.

What is something about today-you, that one-year-ago-you would never believe is true?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

BigDamnArtist wrote:

What is something about today-you, that one-year-ago-you would never believe is true?

I'm actually single, getting a ton of music work done, actually landing acting gigs and doing graphics design and vfx work as a side income.

A year ago I was in a relationship. While I did love the woman, the whole thing was holding me back, restricting my hobbies to being hobbies, nothing that would ever fan out and get me paid. A year ago I would never believe I could be in the place I am now, and I love it.

What's the worst situation you've ever found yourself in, accidentally or intentionally?

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

What's the worst situation you've ever found yourself in, accidentally or intentionally?

Easy. On the floor of my house, the whole world spinning, knowing I have to get to the door to unlock it for help to get to me but not knowing if I'll live that long.

Name the childhood fantasy you held onto the longest.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Invid wrote:

Easy. On the floor of my house, the whole world spinning, knowing I have to get to the door to unlock it for help to get to me but not knowing if I'll live that long.

...Jaysus. I have no fucking comment. That's nightmare fuel right there.

Thumbs up Thumbs down