Re: Friends in Your Dungeon

That's really cool Herc, I love stuff like that.

Boter, if you want to throw up a recap thread since you've been writing them (and we love you for it!) that would be great. Maybe we throw the videos in there as well?

I'd like to create a thread for character sheets, but I'm not sure how we'd go about posting them. PDF links? Images? Anyone got a solution?

I'd also like a thread for back stories / other character fiction. Do we congregate them all in one thread or have separate for each character? Do we just put the back stories in the character sheet thread?

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

All good questions. I did make a recap thread already, we can probably discuss what makes sense for other threads tomorrow evening. Though I like the idea of a single backstory/character sheet thread. For my sheet I'd probably just take screencaps of my sheet in the Roll20 site and stitch it together into a single image.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Part 4, again unedited:

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Part 5, unedited.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

So, I made it.  Teague let me in.  I think I've got everything I should have and my character concept seems like it's sound.  I just had a mechanical question and this seemed like as good a place to put it as any.

I have and Urban Explorer Jumpsuit and a Lined Coat.  Can I only use one or the other for armor value, or can they stack since I can obviously wear one over the other.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Armour values only stack if it's listed as a (+3) or whatever.

So like, I have my Synergist Business Line Longcoat (From one of the expansions) that's a 10/+3, and I also wear a armoured vest (9), and generally have a set of armoured clothing (6) if I'm on a run. But the Longcoat will only stack on the highest, so I get a 9+3 for a total Armour of 12. But I don't get to stack everything on top of each other for a ridiculous 25 or anything like that.)

It's not entirely logical, but I think they did it that way for balancing. Cause otherwise there's nothing to stop me wearing 6 Armoured vests every time I walk out the door.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Except looking like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man in general stature, sure.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

"This modern flexible-wrap vest is designed to be worn under regular clothes without displaying any bulk."

Even with 6 of those, at worst it would be like wearing a heavy sweater. But a vest. A sweater-vest.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Yup

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you Screw, for that stunningly witty, useful and worthwhile addition to this conversation. What would we ever do without you?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

"...like a sweater-vest."

Then I shall default to my originally planned fashion police retort.

So I just realized I might have messed up my armor design anyway.  It appears you can't add electrochromic to armor, and probably can't add thermal dampening to clothing.  Is this accurate?

I like the idea of the custom fit stack, but I put my costs pretty tight so I couldn't afford those items.  Since I'd apparently have to get the whole outfit custom fit together.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.questionablecontent.net/comics/3038.png

http://www.questionablecontent.net/

So I was going through the footage for the very first (official) session we did. and LITERALLY the first thing that happens is Synap calling Whisper and telling him to plant the trackers. So I think we can all be forgiven for having bad recall on that one tongue

ZangrethorDigital.ca

So, I magically have a free Saturday for once, and I know there's people around here who were interested in RPGs but couldn't make a weekly time commitment, or didn't want to deal with rolling dice or all that math or big books and complicated rules. Well, if you're one of those people, then I have just the thing for you! This Saturday, I'd like to host a game of Fiasco. This game is a blast and very easy to pick up even if you're never read the rules or role played before.

This is not the same kind of game as DnD or Shadowrun, we will not be rolling dice to fight monsters or defeat evil, in fact dice will only ever be rolled twice, and those dice are more like guidelines anyway. Instead, we will all be trying to build a fantastic story together, even at the expense of our own characters. Here's the elevator pitch from the rulebook:

Fiasco is inspired by cinematic tales of small-time capers gone disastrously
wrong – particularly films like Blood Simple, Fargo, The Way of the
Gun, Burn After Reading,
and A Simple Plan. You’ll play ordinary people
with powerful ambition and poor impulse control. There will be big
dreams and flawed execution. It won’t go well for them, to put it mildly,
and in the end it will probably collapse into a glorious heap of jealousy,
murder, and recrimination. Lives and reputations will be lost, painful
wisdom will be gained, and if you are really lucky, your guy just might
end up back where he started.

Here's a link to the rulebook. Don't let the page count fool you, most of it's big fancy graphics, all you need to get the core of the game is the overview on page 10, it's like a page and a half. If you want to read more, that's cool. If you don't want to read at all, that's cool too, I can (and will) explain as we go.

Like I said, this game's a hell of a lot of fun, so if you've got that time, I recommend you give it a try.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh my god that sounds fucking amazing.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Interesting! Unfortunately I'm out of town Saturday celebrating my sister's birthday. Have fun!

I was just reminded that Fiasco was played on Wil Wheaton's TableTop. If you want to see it played here's a video:

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/t31.0-8/12615680_615595541224_8317068132092496030_o.jpg

That is ten times more horrifying at full size

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Kal Spiro wrote:

That is ten times more horrifying at full size

Agreed!

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's no Pink Tsunderine but...

And how the /hell/ did none of us think of attaching a frickin long ass cable to the dang thing for that pristine HD quality?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Ugh that would have been a really good idea. Of course, Shadow would have arbitrarily limited its length or lengthened the distance to keep some sort of crucial detail obscured.

Gotta maintain that air of mystery somehow.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://i.imgur.com/0PsWqH8.mp4

In better times Whisper challenges Burnout to a race, remote access only, Whisper is supplying the cars.

And shows up with two of these.

ZangrethorDigital.ca