Topic: Documentality #6 - Comic-Con Spectacular!

Eddie Dotied.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: Documentality #6 - Comic-Con Spectacular!

doty

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Last edited by Eddie (2014-08-05 20:54:44)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Great episode. Loved it!

---------------------------------------------
I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation.

Here's the indiegogo page for Batkid Begins.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/batkid-begins

Also...this films Editor is Kurt Keunne.  Director of Dear Zachary.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Put every doc in my little black book of recommendations. Great episode! Makes me wanna head back to SDCC to check out stuff like this.
I watched bits and pieces of The Forgotten Rabbit because I'm an Oswald fan (did a little storyboard/animatic revolving around him awhile back). It's always nice to see siblings walking around Walt Disney World, one holding an Oswald plush and the other holding a Mickey Mouse. I'm a sap.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I was just amused at how Disney got the rights to Oswald back. They traded the Football Announcer Al Michaels for him, letting Michaels go to NBC's Sunday Night Football now that ABC had lost its NFL contract. So, Universal gave up something they weren't using in return for Disney letting an employee get the job he wanted. Win-win.

I'm familiar with the guy Eddie interviewed about the comic strip doc. He was on a podcast with three other web comic artists for awhile, promoting a book they were doing about how to make a go of it doing web comics, "Webcomics Weekly". A fun listen, as it dealt with both the artistic and business side, and how to make a living giving your art away.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks guys.  I've listened to the feedback and the plan, as of now and always subject to change, is to push Documentality more in the direction of this episode.  I plan on more guests, more interviews, framed around an almost NPR-ish format with Teague and I and an occasional guest (you always have an open chair and a mic, Paul).  Three person panels will probably still occur, but 4 people Documentality eps are probably a thing of the past. 

End of the month I'll probably have more special guests.  Don't want to say who just yet, as not to jinx, but if yo liked this episode, I think you'll like the future of Documentality.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

FYI, Atari: Game Over is now on Netflix.

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

BATKID BEGINS has a trailer.  I also talked to director Dana Nachman and will be doing a follow up interview with her in the next couple months.

Last edited by Eddie (2015-05-27 00:28:07)

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down