Topic: ArtFx 2015 Graduation Movies

This year, I figured I'd make a dedicated thread. Why? Hell, because my movie's one of them!

For some of you who may not know it, I spent the last four years of my life studying at ArtFx, a french school of VFX, CG animation, CGI and (more recently) video games. The result is my graduating last week as a compositing artist, after a jury for which 28 VFX studios (such as MPC, Double Negative, ILM, Framestore, etc.) came from all around the world to see the movies that we spent the last 10 months making.

These movies will be released one by one in the following days, starting tonight with Korser, a live-action VFX film with privateers, boats and fire (in a nutshell).

I'll post the other movies as they go online. I have no idea when mine is scheduled to be released, but as soon as it is, you'll know it. wink

Feedback (for my movie as well as the others) would be much appreciated, as well as a great deal of sharing. We're incredibly proud of what we spent the whole year focusing on, and aim to make as much noise as possible with them.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-07-04 17:57:38)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: ArtFx 2015 Graduation Movies

Christ, that was fantastic. I'm starting to wish I joined you over there!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yeah, I'm moving to France now.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Second film, with a completely different approach. It's one of them "invisible VFX" films, with strong directorial choices.

Note that I also linked to the making-of for Korser in the first post.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-07-05 18:02:51)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The End is incredible! Great job on the fx to whoever worked on it!

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Como Hacer la Tempeta is the, uh, special needs child of this graduation. And its authors are all special needs children, and they rock. Have fun.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-07-05 18:02:41)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

That was fucking awesome. DBZ at 02:35 tongue

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

And for the fourth day... Well guess what? It's my movie!

Note: for a better experience of the INCREDIBLE music that was made for us, please watch this on good speakers with the volume cranked up to 56.

My work consisted in compositing half of the shots, making some of the matte paintings, and all the motion graphics.

We're proud of this little baby we finally get to release to the world. And I'm incredibly happy to be able to show it to you guys, as I've wanted to talk about it so often but couldn't.

Enjoy, and I'd greatly appreciate your feedback. smile

Last edited by Saniss (2015-07-07 09:23:16)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Holy shit dude that was awesome.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Well fucking done, tres bien (did I say that right?)! I can't wait to see the Making Of for this one, that was bloody stellar work.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

clap

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

That was amazing, dude. Great job to everyone involved!

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Holy fucking shit, that was amazing.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

sad_tennant

Thank you so much, guys, the positive feedback is rather overwhelming.

I've updated the post with the making-of, please check it out! smile

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been away from the web, but the other films have been released along with their making-ofs. You can watch them here: // ArtFX OFFICIEL // Films 2015 & Demoreels

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down