Topic: SD Shadowrun: THE MANIFESTO - WE ARE WE

So in tonight's supposed easy side-mission we kiiiinda blew up a police station, and some firefighters died, and we were kiiiinda seen on the way out, and yeah, it escalated quickly and now we're somewhat well known. We figured writing up some sort of terrorist cult manifesto (because yes, it was absolutely a terrorist operation by the end of it) could take some of the heat off our own backs my redirecting it to some fake organization, and one we can use in the future.

This City will not live any longer under the Heel of the Wicked! A cleansing Fire shall scrub these towers of glass and concrete and the Oppressed will rise in their place.

The language of Power has been spoken too long among our hallowed Halls. We will be the Creator dashing their hubris and scattering the tongues of the Wicked.

Burning through these veins of power goes the infection, the hateful Virus that seeks its own good, to use Us and exploit Us until We are no more. This cannot stand! We are the leukocytes that will multiply and Destroy this Virus.

There is an Idol that these Beings worship - an idol of riches and power. It is Them and They are It. But They are not the source of Power - the Power comes from Us - and We can take it away. We will shatter this Idol until there is nothing left to them but dust.

This City revels in its Power, its raw Hedonism an affront to the righteously Humble. We will be Vesuvius, erupting Forth with unrivaled Force to course through the Streets, engulfing the Powers until all that is left is Ash.

The Heads of our Civilization have strained far too long for more and more Power, infringing on the rights of the Just and Free, forcing us to slave for our Atlantean masters. We will be Poseidon, and sink it down to the depths of Hades.

We are here. You are here. You are We. We are We.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Re: SD Shadowrun: THE MANIFESTO - WE ARE WE

Love it. Is it intentional that the italicized words together say "Burning it all down?"

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Indeed. Bolded words strung together don't mean anything through.

Or do they?

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Hahahahahahahahaha.... wow.

I can't wait 'till Dave finds out.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

"You what?!"

"Yeah, I considered taking that Atlantis one and going in a different direction with the Heads and all, considering Jackstand's trophy."

"...What."

"Don't look in the bag."

Can't believe I'm writing another of these. At least what we did was the least horrible thing this disused Post Office had seen for the past few days.

This City crumbles under the weight of Their Artefacts. Walking among these concrete canyons of conceit, We are suffocated.

The oppressive Weight of past sins permeates This City and crushes Us. Every district, every mile, every block the fortresses of Hubris stand above us. We will stand up against this onslaught and through it will place our own Just Weight upon their shoulders. The terror Atlas is made to support Us until he is forgotten.

We will be Prometheus, bringing fire to the mortals of This City. We will be a Titanic force against the oppression of those who sought to rule. We will bring Power out of that hallowed Mountain and give it freely, so that Power belongs to All of Us.

These Artefacts belong to the Past. These sins belong to the Past. These sinners belong to the past.

They are Then. You are Now. We are Now. We are We.

Not quite as happy with this one. Whether We are Titans or Olympians changes from paragraph to paragraph but frankly I'm running out of my limited knowledge of mythology. Maybe for the next one I'll have to delve into Nordic themes.

The Prometheus bringing fire line is fantastic. I'm going to pretend I'm writing an english paper and read really far into it: This ones hidden message leans more toward the fire being cleansing rather than destructive. The reference to Prometheus indicates the fire also represents both knowledge and the bringing forth of a new era of civilization. The hallowed Mountain is this one likely is the Vesuvius of the last. Volcanoes, while destructive, also create very futile soil with their destruction, allowing people to rebuild a new civilization on top of the buried old, and is very appropriate symbology. The We are We line begins to make sense, the old collective becomes the new collective, We are We represents transformation of humanity as a whole into the new civilization.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

DO YOU SEE?
http://i.imgur.com/rC92yJu.jpg

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

ShadowDuelist wrote:

The Prometheus bringing fire line is fantastic. I'm going to pretend I'm writing an english paper and read really far into it: This ones hidden message leans more toward the fire being cleansing rather than destructive. The reference to Prometheus indicates the fire also represents both knowledge and the bringing forth of a new era of civilization. The hallowed Mountain is this one likely is the Vesuvius of the last. Volcanoes, while destructive, also create very futile soil with their destruction, allowing people to rebuild a new civilization on top of the buried old, and is very appropriate symbology. The We are We line begins to make sense, the old collective becomes the new collective, We are We represents transformation of humanity as a whole into the new civilization.

Close! I was going more literal with the Hallowed Mountain being Olympus, as in the Prometheus myth he stole fire from the Olympians to bring to the mortals, but Vesuvius is an interesting interpretation and I won't say it's wrong; in fact I like the idea of the "new civilization on top of the buried old", as you put it. Everything else you looked so deeply into was in fact intentional.

i've stepped into the wrong place.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You have. You're on lists now.

I was actually planning to write a whole piece and that was just the introductory paragraph, but I went to bed instead. I was going to go into how the cult clearly worships the four elements and the cycle of change and the volcano as a perfect symbol of such (thus Vesuvius (and volcanoes in general) being the hallowed mountain).

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh my gosh, please do. It's public reaction that we can end up finding and reading, and maybe incorporating.

Meanwhile:

http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Burning%20FIYD.jpg

http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Burning%20Nailed%20It.jpg

Love it!

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

facepalm

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

GUYS WE'RE STEPPING UP IN THE WORLD

We blew up the bus depot on purpose. (We used it to frame some guys that were hunting us; when they showed up I drove a bus full of fuel drums into the depot.)

http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Burning%20Nailed%20It.jpg

"Manifesto" post will be added soon.

I love how I was trying to hint that you could lead them there on purpose to try to figure out who they are, and you immediately jump to "We can lead them here on purpose and BLOW UP THE BUS DEPOT!"
I love you guys.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Burning%20FIYD.jpg

Sounds like you guys had...fun. As usual.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

The powers of this City would herd us like Cattle, across oft-trodden ground. We have seen what is off that beaten path, and we have razed this road so that we all may roam free.

We have been led around for too long. It is time to slip the Leash and be free. It is time to explore, to find your own way.

Freedom is a responsibility, one that is terrifying to those first afforded it. But know that the Powers are yet even more frightened; frightened by what we can Do, terrified of what we can Be. They know that Hell hath no fury like us when We are released.

We are free. We are determined. We are We.

http://www.friendsinyourhead.com/turnover/bored.wav

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Teague, I love you.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's not much, but it's the best I could do considering I didn't even know I was recording in the first place.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

holden

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down