Topic: Quick exercise: Try reading it aloud

This is probably one of the most annoying things youapostrophere going to read todayperiod Periodperiod In case you havenapostrophet figured out by nowcomma Iapostrophem spelling out the names of punctuation marksperiod Whycomma you askquestion mark Because Iapostrophem curiouscolon when curiouscomma I do odd thingsperiod Also it turns out I have to think a lot more about what exactly a punctuation mark does if Iapostrophem spelling it outperiodasterisk What the hellcomma youaskinterrobang To which I reply openquoteThat isnapostrophet a proper questionperiodclose quote Iapostrophell only answer a real question openparenthesisand Iapostrophell decide what counts as a openquotereal questionclose quotecloseparenthesisperiod

Donapostrophet bug me with nonsenseexclamation point Nonsense questions are one thing that bug mesemicolon I donapostrophet know whyperiod Another thing that bugs me is the existence of the semicolonsemicolon openquotewhyquestion markclosequote is an extrahyphennonsensical questionem dashseeabove for my feelings about nonsensical questionsperiod

Open quote Iapostrophell fight them all at oncecomma who say opensubquoteThis guy really needs to opensubsubquoteget a lifes openbracketsicclosebracketperiodclosesubsubquoteclosesubquoteexclamation pointclosequote
tildemecomma just nowperiod

asteriskIapostrophem also superhyphencaffeinatedperiod

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Quick exercise: Try reading it aloud

periodperiodperioudfuck youcomma Writhynexclamationmark

Thumbs up Thumbs down

rabblerabblerable

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ell oh ell

The semicolon is a marvelous piece of punctuation; it retains clarity without need for conjunctions.

Two other contexts in which it is useful: internal punctuation, usually in lists; additionally, conjunctive adverbs.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Ooo eee ooo ah ah ting tang walla walla bing bang

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just... just gonna leave this here.

*puts down*

*Backs out of the room slowly*

*Runs*

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I walked into the main office at work and read it aloud to my coworkers, and left. I feel I spent my lunch break well, writing this.

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down