Topic: My introduction and a short film!

So, I've been listening to the show for about 2 years. I just bought a computer yesterday, so I immediately wanted to join the forum. So here I am. first forum I've ever been a part of, so... be gentle. 

ANYWAY... This is my first short film, and I thought I'd share it with all of you. I wrote it and directed it when I was 21 (I just turned 23, so not too long ago) and Im proud of it. Unfortunately, It's my only real project, but I have some stuff in the mix I want to make. Enjoy and please give me all the feedback you can guys.

Brandon

TRACKMARKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGZxmt4wYNI

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: My introduction and a short film!

Nice! And welcome to the forum!

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Rad! Welcome.

Thanks for posting the short, too. I have various here-and-there criticisms, naturally, but it's nothing major, and I'm sure it's all stuff you've thought of by this point anyway. My response is more just to be impressed by the effort you made, this is a hell of a lot more ambitious than my first short was. (It was a wacky comedy about me trying, and failing, to take a shit. It was called "WipeOut." Internal recapitalization presented without comment.)

Anyway. How was it makin' your movie? What were the trials and tribulations and all that? What inspired you to make it in the first place?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks Teague!

I think the major things that were really difficult was writing it, and being there on set. These all tie back to the reason I made it, which is two fold. First off, it was a lesson in editing. I wanted to make something that would help me understand the concept of editing, because I was brand new to even understanding film making as a thing that people do. Secondly, the story is very much inspired by close family and friends who have dealt with drug addiction. I wanted to make something that showed that Drug addicts were the victims of the story, not the villain.

writing was difficult because i wrote the first part as 3 separate monologues, knowing that they would be spliced together, and performed in sequence. Not to mention that every person needed a point of view. I pretty much just copied "A Christmas Carol" and did the whole Past, Present, Future thing.

Being on set (at times) was hard was because the emotion the actors brought to it. We made it a fun environment though, just a great time.

Hope this doesn't read as bullshity as it was to type

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

<-- also in Chicago and does video stuff. Just sayin'.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ill send you a message! #Networking

(are hashtags okay here?)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hm. It hasn't come up before.

Let's say no.  lol

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh......

so am I let off with a warning, or do you guys release Trey Stokes into my house to pick off my friends and family one by one. Cool with both

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Dammit, he's onto you, Trey! Abort!

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down