Re: Random Movie Talk That Probably Doesn't Deserve Its Own Thread

PopCorn Garage

That's the coolest thing I've seen on the web recently. There's a picture of a garage interior, find the 66 movie references. Exact movie titles, 3 mistakes and you're done.

EDIT: lost at 44. Eh.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-10-09 21:35:28)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I lost at 45.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What's the fucking dog in a body-cast from? I didn't want to guess because I was down to one error.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I dunno, but I keep losing points because of the ghost kid on the top left shelf. I'm not crazy, that's Casper, right?

EDIT: lost at 47 this time.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-10-10 07:43:30)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

What's the fucking dog in a body-cast from? I didn't want to guess because I was down to one error.

Show
There's Something About Mary

And 43

Last edited by Sam F (2015-10-10 07:23:28)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ha, I failed at 22. I put Castaway instead of Cast Away, and I also assumed the plastic bag (?) was an American Beauty reference. Forgot what my 3rd mistake was though.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

I thought the plastic thing in the foreground was Bateman's blood-soaked raincoat from American Psycho. Eh.

Last edited by Saniss (2015-10-10 10:55:51)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Herc wrote:

Ha, I failed at 22. I put Castaway instead of Cast Away, and I also assumed the plastic bag (?) was an American Beauty reference. Forgot what my 3rd mistake was though.

I did the same!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, I thought American Beauty and Casper.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Me too on Casper! I also thought the thing on the wall was Zoolander and above that was Blues Brothers. Though both these turn up as errors. What's the yellow thing on the left side next to the wall? And the masked guy, is he supposed to from something?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If you mean the guy in the middle of the picture, that's The Gimp from Pulp Fiction!

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

I think the Casper mask is the most obscure reference... seems like every other movie is pop-culture enough that people would have at least heard of them.    But that one is a toughie. 

Unless

SPOILER Show
A Perfect World
is a lot more well-known than I thought?

Nah, that's an obscure one (Costner & Dern, right?). I saw it 'cause my mum rented it on VHS in the 90s, and I've never seen it appear on tv, or dvd, or netflix, or on anyone's list of anything. Good catch!

Herc wrote:

If you mean the guy in the middle of the picture, that's The Gimp from Pulp Fiction!

FUCK. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE GIMP AND I WAS TOO SCARED TO GUESS.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

I got 43. Technically 48, but three of those I saw the answer here before I tried the quiz and two others I straight up cheated. There were several of these movies I never would've guessed, but I somehow figured out

Show
Kill Bill
even though I hated that movie. Also, there were at least four that I couldn't figure out just because my computer screen is too small to see them clearly.  tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I made the same mistake. 51

Saniss wrote:

I dunno, but I keep losing points because of the ghost kid on the top left shelf. I'm not crazy, that's Casper, right?

EDIT: lost at 47 this time.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cotterpin Doozer wrote:

Also, there were at least four that I couldn't figure out just because my computer screen is too small to see them clearly.  tongue

I can all but guarantee that one of them was O Brother, Where Art Thou? wasn't it? tongue

Herc wrote:
Cotterpin Doozer wrote:

Also, there were at least four that I couldn't figure out just because my computer screen is too small to see them clearly.  tongue

I can all but guarantee that one of them was O Brother, Where Art Thou? wasn't it? tongue

Dapper Dan pomade can, lower left.

I got 51, but only after messing up by trying to enlarge the picture so I could see the damn thing and accidentally getting 2 extra strikes. It's the horror stuff that I find most frustrating. I recognize them, but there's no way I know what movie they go to.

Also, did I spell The Crow wrong or something? I got the other one but there's still one crow left, right? Maybe it's one of the other black bird movies.

Other stuff I couldn't get Show

Can't believe I didn't go with my gut on the poster labeled "singe". I REMEMBER THAT EDDIE IZZARD BIT EVEN.

Also, now that I take another close look, the posters I thought were Hitman or Adjustment Bureau are surely CMIYC, a much more popular movie.

Also, really wanted to guess "DC Cab" for the yellow door, but no way, right?

• Dark smiley

• Mask on wall near it

• Circular design on wall above it (oh: man w arms outstretched--another horror movie)

• Wrapped guitar

• Garden gnome

• Floating spores

• Fire extinguisher

• Dark thing in the middle of the floor (shit, that's a spinning top, isn't it? Damn you, Leo!)

• White thing between Dapper Dan can and soap

• Yellow and black medallion or ball (horror thing, right?)

• White snake above it

• Casper mask (Trey's probably right)

• Black thing above eye (maybe that's just a bowler hat to go with the eye)

• Something under the car between the hand and the robot?

• "Shocker" sticker above it, which I assume is a reference to a teen sex comedy and not Shocker

• Something on the window of the Delorean?

• Something around the neck of the dog in the cast?

Last edited by Zarban (2015-10-13 04:56:21)

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Cheat facilitator:
http://www.zarban.com/pics/movie-cheat.jpg

Zarban wrote:

Also, did I spell The Crow wrong or something? I got the other one but there's still one crow left, right? Maybe it's one of the other black bird movies.

Show
The Birds  smile

Zarban, some answers:

Show
Floating spores : Avatar
Yellow and black medallion or ball (horror thing, right?): Nope, that's the Neverending Story smile
Black thing above eye (maybe that's just a bowler hat to go with the eye): If you're talking about the post on the left wall after Casper's head, that's A Clockwork Orange

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Herc wrote:
Zarban wrote:

Show
The Birds  smile

I got that one first, but it only applies to the two birds on the left. There's still one bird on the right, so I tried The Crow and got it wrong. Maybe it's The Raven.

Show
I got that one first, but it only applies to the two birds on the left. There's still one bird on the right, so I tried The Crow and got it wrong. Maybe it's The Raven. Probably not Maltese Falcon.

Last edited by Zarban (2015-10-11 20:21:09)

Zarban wrote:
Herc wrote:
Zarban wrote:

Show
The Birds  smile

I got that one first, but it only applies to the two birds on the left. There's still one bird on the right, so I tried The Crow and got it wrong. Maybe it's The Raven.

Show
I got that one first, but it only applies to the two birds on the left. There's still one bird on the right, so I tried The Crow and got it wrong. Maybe it's The Raven. Probably not Maltese Falcon.

There seems to be a lot of detail in the picture acting as a bit of deliberate misdirection. So there's stuff that looks like it must be significant that's just there to throw you off. Also, like for the car, the dot will only cover one part of a larger clue; once you've got part of it, the whole thing is counted and the three birds together make up one clue.

Herc wrote:
Cotterpin Doozer wrote:

Yes. That one was SO frustrating! I couldn't read it at all, and for some reason it never occurred to me to zoom the picture.

Show
The clue for Willow was also a bummer. It felt kinda cheap for them to have it wedged into the wall on its side when most of the other items were just laying on the floor.

I guess the Casper mask movie was much, much more popular in France than it was in the States?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The trailer was enough for me to nope out of this one. Looks like I've made the right call.

Thumbs up Thumbs down