Topic: The sad sight of suicide bridge - My life working in a petrol station

(a conversation had by me and my friend)

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/loca … -1-7614159

Samurai sword garage robbery: Two arrested after Wearside raid
Police have arrested two men after an attempted robbery with a Samurai sword at a Wearside petrol station.
sunderlandecho.com

This is the sister garage to the garage I am working at!
I was unashamedly scared the night before by of being robbed but it was just a casual forecourt drug deal.
Other news. A car was set on fire lastnight and blew up, on the opposite side of the road to the garage. Two scumbags I was serving ran and and undercover copper car pulled in and collared them. Is this worth the low wage? Certainly not boring this job.

Haha. Sounds interesting. Keep a diary. I'll publish it for you

The sad sight of suicide bridge (a working title?) Every week I've been in this job with a clear view of the Wear bridge there has been an Ambulance stopped with blues and twos for about an hour then pull away witth the lights off - shit loads of jumpers.

Honestly. Keep a diary. And the title is good

Wanna see the underbelly of society? Work in a garage. It's bloody depressing. Makes me, almost happily sad way - feel I'm doing okay in life. The sights I've seen in such a little space of time. Oooff! It's depressing and life affirming.

Use that as the opening haha

Oh dear. Yet I have time to do this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYEMyMnPdnU

Tween drunkards/E-ing party people coming from town in Taxis/Taxi drivers full of coke-or speed/Drunk drivers buying alcohol/Halfway house messes dropping tonnes of ones and two pence pieces on the counter and asking 'what can I get with this?'... Certianly not boring.
(thats the back cover blurb haha)

I'm missing off nuggets like the 90' year old man who, every day he turns up for his morning paper at 4.45am and stands in the cold until they come - then goes on about his daily routine. The wind blew him over into the road the other day and he didn't show up for his morning papers - The Sun, The Mail and The Mirror - I feared the worst. I love that man. I'd miss our early morning banter of a morn.

The Sun, the Mail and The Mirror - man. Book number two title?

Write it down man, dont tell me. I wanna see the finished piece.

Easier just to decompress on here... then you do with as you will. Man it's a fucking wierd job.

Haha. My phone keeps buzzing motherfucker!!!

Yeah - It's 9 at night for me. Technically 9 am, just came off nighshift and needed to partially vent and partially started drinking at 9am/pm. This is the start of my four days off. (4 on 4 off and my time is upside down). But if I barf out nuggets of brain junk on here - then mebbeys one day I'll elabourate and make it a just for us book of 'times in petrol-selling-24 booze license land'.

(Why, since I was sitting on 20,000 litres of fuel when a car blew up on the other side of the road thinking 'shit - yeah  - I'm closing this place up and knocking of early? Thoroughly a fucked up job)

Last edited by Regan (2015-12-10 10:46:46)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The sad sight of suicide bridge - My life working in a petrol station

Write it down, you've got the new clerks right here!

also -- perhaps seek therapy, if you're job has you so confused you shoot vertical video you're not in a good way!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Faldor wrote:

also -- perhaps seek therapy, if you're job has you so confused you shoot vertical video you're not in a good way!

Behind two inches of lexan... I do what I want!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm reminded of my friend who worked at a gas station for a while in college. His coworker was an oddball who mentioned having spent time in the nearby mental hospital "on the Brown level". Other stories as well, but this was a college area, so the drunks and weirdos were pretty reasonable.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

This and other stories told from the drooling ward.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

This and other stories told from the drooling ward.

I didn't think we were supposed to talk about Owen's brother...?

What do you mean, Brother!? Owen drools enough as it is.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

*drools*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Aha, but I was doing culture!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You saying I'm uncultured?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Faldor wrote:

Not sure my early rising senior compadre of a morn's banter extends to dick and fart jokes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

UPDATE:  I GOT ROBBED!!! Well, sort of. A dude pulled in-filled his tank, and bolted. Flo who has been there for twelve years, it has only happen once to her. Storey ends with, police coming, CCTV footage being taken as evidence (probably never anything to come from it) and given a police statement. The car had stolen licence plates. Never a dull day! I quit today. This stop gap job just isn't worth the low wage for the hastle-currenty accepting donations to keep my lavish lifestyle going until I find another job. Any one need a sarky 31 year old with limited talents? Hire me I'm cheap.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Sorry to hear you got robbed, but more sorry this thread has reached it's end

And you are right, Flador. I just need a place to ditch my petrol station findings. Erg. I've stressed to hard for this pissing job. It's awful! And since I'm terrible at recalling things, I'll just dump it here so i can relax vent/pretend people are nice humans.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So I've quit. That was an experience. I have no discernible talents. HIRE ME!

Last edited by Regan (2016-01-28 13:01:29)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Belated 2018 update: The garage went under the month after I quit. It's now a Hertz car rental place.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't explain my sadness.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I did promise to faldor that the next time I re-tell this story that I would swap Hertz for Herse rental. When the movie gets made... it will be herse. tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down