Topic: Future Coding Project: Time Management Software

So after I get some programming basics under my belt, I have this idea for a mobile/web app.
Basically, the user figures out all the things they spend time and effort on in their life, and these different things are rendered as separate entities that compete for attention. At its most basic form, the app could simply be a graph or even circles floating around on the screen.

At some point in their day, the user can tap on these different areas of their life to "feed" them, maybe even enter an amount of time or a quality level between 1-10. Keeping a healthy balance allows the the circles to coexist, but feeding any of them too much at the expense of the others causes the large ones to get aggressive and start attacking the smaller ones.

They probably wouldn't actually destroy the smaller ones, it would just serve as a visual reminder to invest some time in the smaller things soon.

Further ideas:
It would be fun to make more complex themes, like a spaceship travelling through space, where the different time investments are different ship systems, and spending too much on one system will damage the ship and invite pirates to attack, which could only be repelled by spending quality time on the weak systems.

Missions/quests would be possible, basically as one-off time investments that would improve the life or mental state of the user and pacify aggressive Investments.

Users could potentially link each investment to their calendars, such that when they tap on one, they have the option of setting a time and date to hang out with friends, or clean their house, or whatever.

It would be very possible to gamify the whole thing even more, though of course not to the point that the app becomes a time investment for the user in and of itself. Perhaps there really is a losing condition, where if a user goes too long spending too much time on an otherwise healthy investment (such as work or relaxing), it consumes the others and reminds the user of the importance of a healthy balance.

The main focus of this, though, is to serve as a simple visual aid for people who are chronologically challenged. If anyone else has any thoughts or ideas, let me know!
Also if you think it's been done before, tell me because I want this app.

Witness me!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Re: Future Coding Project: Time Management Software

Cool idea!

Seems like coding the functionality this app wouldn't be overly complicated. But an app that leans on creativity like this would definitely warrant some heavy design. If you don't have design experience, it could be something the ever-talented FIYH community might like to get in on.

It might be cool to have an interactive widget (Today View in iOS, home screen in Android) to quickly feed the "pets", further eliminating life intrusion. And of course, optional notifications for when your "pets" get hungry.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down