Re: Hey, Whatcha playin'?

I've started playing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic again for a playthrough on my channel.

Other games I've got recorded through the end of this month. KotOR will start in December and so far I've got midway through February in the can.

I had forgotten how absorbing this game is.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I love KOTOR

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

...And as of tomorrow, the entire planet will be engulfed in Battlefront.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Didn't it release yesterday?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Not here in Europe.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've got Vapes more or less yelling at me to play Battlefront on the channel. Thing is, multiplayer games don't interest me that much. "Have fun with the best Star Wars game this decade," I told him, "I'll enjoy the best of last decade."

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

You could always do KOTOR, KOTOR 2 and then TOR wink

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

fireproof78 wrote:

You could always do KOTOR, KOTOR 2 and then TOR wink

Well I guess I've got Star Wars Sundays filled up on my channel until 2018.

TOR isn't nearly as good as KOTOR.

..I say, without much field time in TOR. I tried it for a couple of hours, and it felt exactly like every other MMORPG. "KILL THESE WOMPRATS FOR THE GLORY OF THE SITH! ....+5XP."

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

TOR isn't nearly as good as KOTOR.

..I say, without much field time in TOR. I tried it for a couple of hours, and it felt exactly like every other MMORPG. "KILL THESE WOMPRATS FOR THE GLORY OF THE SITH! ....+5XP."

More to my frustration was the seriously lacking solo play. You would pick up a quest and be like, "Oh, ok, that sounds cool." Then, you would die...repeatedly.

For those interested, SF Debris just started a series on the Imperial Agent storyline as well as his usual review of gameplay-he had done KOTOR previously.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.mondoplay.it/images/copertine/big/2799.jpg

A psychological slasher/horror thriller.
Some kids come back to a friends lodge in the mountains, on the anniversary of said friend's twin sisters passing last year, to have one last huzzah.

Needless to say, it doesn't exactly end well.

It's set up more or less like a teenage horror flick, where you get to choose more or less the exact outcome of the characters. Ever been baffled that a character did x instead of y? Choose y and see what happens.
Hits all the right vibes, all the correct tropes, complete with jump scares and creepy crawlers, and has a brilliant cast, consisting of, amongst others, Hayden Panetierre and Peter Stormare.

I'm not even done with my first play through, but I am loving the shit out of this game.

In other news, I completed the main storyline of Assassins's Creed Vic-, ahem, Syndicate a couple of days ago, and I gotta say, anything's better than Unity, but Syndicate was a genuinely good experience. The bugs and problems from Unity were thankfully absent, the story is much more engaging, without punching the same cliches as other entries, with appealing protagonists(they're twins), and a pretty cool antagonist to boot. London in the late 1860's is beautiful, if not too sunny, and the grappling hook and horse coaches are welcome additions to the franchise. A solid 8/10, where "Black Flag" and "Assassin's Creed 2" both get perfect 10's.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

Herc, you asshole. You don't open a post with "LAST WEEK, steam had a sale". You advertise the sale that's going on now, fool!

Steam's having a winter sale until the 4th of January. Plenty of cheap stuff right now! Notabley Alien: Isolation for 13 bucks (CAN), and all the Assassin's Creed games pre- Black Flag for 10 bucks (CAN) each!

If you've never played them, maybe skip the first (or just play the story missions) because it's fucking repetitive. But the Ezio trilogy (AC II, Brotherhood, Revelations) is a huge improvement, fun, and a good story (also love the way they weave in real historical figures).

Currently playing AC III and hugely enjoying it (aside from a couple of glitches and some unclear directions).

Last edited by Herc (2016-01-02 22:55:33)

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Picked up American Truck Simulator, which just came out this week. So far only has California and Nevada, supposedly will be expanding relatively quickly.

Have never been to the west coast in person (if I did I'd visit y'all) but a digital, downscaled vacation is sorta fun tongue

https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/12654171_616049237014_1018652843245933607_n.jpg?oh=ed844b1327963ccb6a5404b4f15999e1&oe=573EB5E1

(Don't have a screenie of it but man that Oakland Bay bridge is funky.)

Yeah, it's about time the USA maps were made.  I cant wait to listen to the radio. (I'm stereotyping some what but |I magine traveling around the south is filled with televangelist bullshit... I can't wait to playt it).

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Haha. I just can't wait for the span from Texas to Georgia to be released so I can do a Texarkana to Atlanta beer run listening to Eastbound and Down the whole way.

I finally got around to Mirror's Edge. Pleasantly surprised. Took some getting used to the flow of it, but once I did, it got so fucking satisfying! Totally recommend it (also, super-cheap on Steam right now).

Also have gone back to the original Tomb Raider games. Almost at the end of TR3 and it's not as irritating (pull a switch that does something in some room you have no fucking idea where it is) as I remembered. Fun!

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

I'm playing XCOM 2. So much XCOM 2. If you like XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Or Enemy Within), you'll like XCOM 2.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Herc wrote:

I finally got around to Mirror's Edge. Pleasantly surprised. Took some getting used to the flow of it, but once I did, it got so fucking satisfying! Totally recommend it (also, super-cheap on Steam right now).

Also have gone back to the original Tomb Raider games. Almost at the end of TR3 and it's not as irritating (pull a switch that does something in some room you have no fucking idea where it is) as I remembered. Fun!

Maybe not, but I find the controls horrific. At least compared to modern layouts and schemes.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mirror's Edge controls took some getting used to but they made sense in their own way, just different from normal conventions.

So I started and finished (multiple times) playing The Stanley Parable. Love love loved the game. That Confusion Ending's a bitch.

Well, I was talking about the classic Tomb Raider games.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Aha! Then yes. I wouldn't go so far as "horrific" but certainly "frustrating".

This is kinda the best thread we have for this so, here goes.

I never played any of the System Shock games, but apparently they're amazing. But the remake looks like it's gonna be slick as hell.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I haven't played them; the closest I've gotten was a really well done fan-fiction. The guy took the one minute opening cutscene and expanded it into seven chapters. That naturally being the start of the story, people wanted him to finish, so he took it from there and wrote the story out, sometimes wildly diverging from the game.

The story is Free Radical by Shamus Young. I definitely recommend the read - I've done so numerous times and indulged in getting myself a copy from the guy's Lulu store.

Played some Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes with Steph yesterday, will probably do a video with it soonish. If you haven't played or heard of it, one player sits in front of the screen (or Oculus but since mine isn't that dependable I didn't want to rely on it) and has a bomb to defuse, while all other players cannot look at the screen and instead have a bomb defusal manual. Here's a walkthrough of probably the simplest module; there are many types and up to 11 on one bomb.

"Red button labeled ABORT."
"Are there more than two batteries on the bomb?"
"Yes, three."
"Is there a lit indicator somewhere on the bomb with the letters Foxtrot Romeo Kilo?"
"No."
"Hold the button. What color did the stripe next to it light up?"
"Yellow."
"Release when the countdown timer has a 5 in any position."

Lots of communication necessary and the more advanced modules are pretty complex. You need a good system for communicating and need to be concise and clear. Also, did I mention a countdown? Five minutes and an increasing music tempo rush you along. Definitely recommended.

Last edited by Boter (2016-08-07 20:51:52)

Helloooooo [echo]

Spent the majority of my free time for the past three weeks doing a mission in Elite: Dangerous, going 22,000 light years out and back with an aggressive timetable and a ship very ill-suited to the journey. Overall time spent: 55 hours.

I wrote up the journey to the blog I write for. Feel free to read about exploration, astronomy, and my (mostly) anime viewing habits here: http://whatchareading.com/tag/colonia-a … ;order=ASC (I know that the site is slow; he's looking at switching hosts because it's just getting unreasonable as of late.)

If you want to skip all the drama and just see me coming back into the home station, check it out here:

Last edited by Boter (2016-11-23 17:57:29)