Re: Announcement: Goodnight, Goodnight!

That's funny, because right now I'm all, "I'll take the ring....but I do not know the way."  Which is to say, if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right and in such a way that is realistic to my schedule.  Weekly releases are not feasible.  Monthly, or bi-monthly is.  Also, format will have to change quite a bit to allow me to record at say, some random Tuesday at 1am after the baby is finally asleep. 

So yes, it'll happen, but I want make sure I come correct with a format that fits best.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Do a documentary about making Documentality

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Goddamn, what a blindside.
I've been mostly a lurker in this community for about five years now. I've only posted a handful of times in the forum, but I've listened to damn near every episode of this podcast (many episodes several times over).

I don't know how tongue in cheek the moniker Friends in Your Head was when Teague suggested it, but he couldn't have been more spot on. Spending literally thousands of hours listening to a small group of people discuss, dissect, applaud or "fix" a movie every week has been such a gift. We all truly feel like we know you now and that's nobody's fault but your own. It's sad to see it come to an end, but thanks for letting us play a role in your passion and your lives.

I'll be sure to check back in regularly to see what all my Friends are up to.

So it goes . . .

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, a documentary about trying to get stuff done when you have young children!

Last edited by Dave (2015-03-06 05:59:47)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I've been pretty much AWOL for the past year or two because of commitments all over the place but this board was always a treasure to occasionally lurk for great discussions about movies and storytelling. It's disappointing to hear that you guys will no longer be recording stuff but I've always found the forum to be far more engaging; not that the podcasts are bad or anything, but I enjoy the long and informed discussions between multiple people. As such, I'm glad you guys are keeping it around because if this were a true "we're completely done, everything is getting shut down", then I would be far more distraught. Truth be told, I haven't listened to a full commentary since late 2012, so I have a ton of catching up to do. It sucks you never got to the big one I always wanted to hear, Predator, but there's more enough commentaries to keep myself, and everyone else, very entertained for a long time.

Congratulations to Teague and everyone for such a successful project.

Ends of things should be celebrated.

Hurrah!

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

paulou wrote:

Ends of things should be celebrated.

Hurrah!

Don't I know it. We're having an aglet party tonight.

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just finished Geekza episode one: the talkshoe test. I hope you're happy Teague.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

WHAT HAVE I DONE.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You are fulfilling your destiny.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hahah, well I am hearing "fresh" content from Teague, Chris and "accomplished film maker, visual effects artist, animator and puppeteer, Mr. Trey Stokes " (not yet The Amazing), so I can't complain.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Geekza was great.

Fun fact: at the end of episode 51 (yeah, I went back and checked which episode it was), Chloe reports that someone in the chat room wants the guys to do more commentaries. That was me!

Then they go on to say that they want to do Muppet Treasure Island sometime. And now I'm sad that it (and the even better Muppet Christmas Carol) never happened.

Last edited by Hansen (2015-03-09 20:06:54)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

:'(  DIF/FIYH/WADYM  will be missed.  I've followed you guys since the beginning and like others here have pretty much listened to every episode.  au revoir friends in you head!

Bloggy:  Inf0verload

Thumbs up Thumbs down

No. Nope. Uh, uh. Not gonna say farewell and thanks for everything. That would imply there's a farewell.

Well, I'm not leaving.

You're gonna have to drag me outta here kicking and screaming. And I WILL BITE YOU!

I started my time here with a long love letter to the show and everyone on it, so I'm gonna keep this brief.

I will say that ending the show with Mike's "mischief fucking managed", followed with "Goodnight, goodnight." broke me. Teague, you magnificent bastard. It was so perfect I immediately started blubbering.

I have never been so consistently entertained by and found so much enjoyment in one thing but this podcast. You all are legends in my eyes (and ears, and.. goddammit.. heart) and you'll forever be friends in my head.

Let's keep this wunnerful forum going, share our creations and laugh about things. This fucking amazing community can be the legacy of Down In Front.

Thumbs up +8 Thumbs down

Bummer. Love listening to the discussions. Hope the forum stays active, especially considering how huge 2015 is going to be for movies.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I know I've already said my goodbyes to the podcast etc etc, but I'm feeling pretty damn down tonight and just wanted to say the podcast is really comforting to me when I'm feeling down. So thanks for the positive feelings. The podcast could never of have a better name then Friends in Your Head  smile

Last edited by Jacob H (2015-04-17 07:26:41)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Jacob H wrote:

I know I've already said my goodbyes to the podcast etc etc, but I'm feeling pretty damn down tonight and just wanted to say the podcast is really comforting to me when I'm feeling down. So thanks for the positive feelings. The podcast could never of have a better name then Friends in Your Head  smile

For some reason, whenever I listen to them talking about Star Wars, it helps me smile.

I listened to Star Wars Again and every time I try to write comments on it, I can't remember what they were. Just that I had fun listening to it.

Thanks, guys!

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

You too.  cool

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I thought I'd write,
I thought I'd let you know:
In the year since you've been gone,
I've finally let you go
And I hope you find some time
To drop a note

But if you won't,
Then you won't...

And IIIIIIIIIIIIII will
Consider you gone!

Miss you guys. smile (And thanks for the perfect introduction to Ben Folds.)

Last edited by Abbie (2016-02-26 15:24:29)

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

sad_tennant
clap

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Been a while since I listened to that. It brightened my day smile
Thanks, Darth, for bringing it back.

Been a while since I hung around here; I've missed this place too.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Can't believe it's already been over a year.
Nice Ben Folds Cover dudes - super effort.  big_smile

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So I had a dream last night that I was doing a commentary with the boys for Star Wars Ep X. It was glorious. Though I think the movie actually sucked.
When I woke up and realised the impossibility of the situation (for more reasons than one), I was pretty heart broken.

Any chance of a 1 year later one-off reunion? Perhaps for The Force Awakens?! I miss you guys. I'll take Trey commentating QVC at this rate.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Sam wrote:

Any chance of a 1 year later one-off reunion? Perhaps for The Force Awakens?!

The Extended Edition commentary for The Force Awakens featured some of the DIF/WAYDM regulars (it served as a quasi-reunion).

Despite that, I'd also love to hear a new commentary (for any movie) from the guys.

Last edited by MartyJ (2016-10-13 21:41:59)

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

The Extended Edition reunion really did feel like old times again. But yeah, I'd love to hear new podcasts as well. Even if they're not commentaries, other types of podcasts would be cool too. Like maybe something talking about the state of movies today, or a new Uncomposed about modern film scores (I loved reading Alex's write-up about The Force Awakens' score), or even (and this was mentioned a while back) a podcast about color grading in movies would be fun.....if they want to do it of course.

Thumbs up Thumbs down