Topic: General RPG Talk

A thread for talking about RPGs, not attached to any specific ongoing campaign.

I wanted to share the Kickstarter campaign a friend of mine has going currently. It's a tabletop game that can be played with a tablet in the middle, offering missions from a central server and allowing players to influence a shared world. Think of it as a Massively Multiplayer Online Table Top Role Playing Game... MMOTTRPG. (Or "Tablet Top" if you prefer.)

Anyway. Within a couple days they're over 2/3 funded and are a Kickstarter Staff Pick. Oh also I shot and edited the video tongue

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/16 … aying-game

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Re: General RPG Talk

Sweet! Such a fascinating concept. I love tabletop games in concept, but mostly because I really want to participate in the elaborate model and world building. There are many Kickstarter projects that I would enjoy supporting due the options that are presented in the model making.

However, this tablet concept, in my opinion, allows for so much more versatility that I could really get behind that concept.

I hope it works out.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, it got fully funded earlier today - two days in - so monetarily I'm sure they'll be fine. From what I can tell when I met their creative team, I'm sure they'll be able to deliver afterward too.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Post Replica was just officially funded with more than double their goal, and a couple of stretch goals along the way big_smile I did a video of an Alpha build playtest that was a lot of fun, can't wait to see the full rulebook and such.

Someone's living the dream:
http://i.imgur.com/NHs9o8M.jpg

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

http://imgur.com/a/WPZ04

http://www.gamerconcepts.com/catalog/images/GCO-WNTD01.jpg

Ffff okay let's see. Yup, probably not, definitely, probably, definitely, maybe?, not yet, grand yup, yes, did that, most certainly, oh you don't even know the half of it, no actually!, haha yes, intent to yup, de facto as Shadowrunners, not during sessions, yes, no, yes, no on a technicality, aggravated yup, and indeed.

Dipping in and out of watching 'Cannibal Cruise' while decorating... I'm half way through the 3-hour vid... I'm calling it. That ship is going down! Nice job DM-ing Boter.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thanks big_smile Couldn't have done it without the seasoned sniper, the pyromaniacal Scottish-Canadian lumberjack, or Bent Gently. The players make the game as much as the DM does.

Good friends + imagination = Good RPG craic. I probably would have climbed into a life boat and said - "fuck that! I'm outta here!" Not before heading to the nearest bar and ringing out a bad rendition of Drunken Sailor.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hyper RPG! just started uploading thier Shadowrun campaign. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but they seem pretty competant (Hyper RPG is the new Twitch channel spearheaded by Zach, who started the Geek and Sundry Twitch channel).

Might be good for us to see how people who... actually know what they're doing....play the game. tongue

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I know what I'm doing!

*glitches a roll and sends the big rig off a bridge*

...Mostly.

So apparently HyperRPG has also been doing a how-to shadowrun series for the past couple weeks, only 4 vids in, but two of those are The matrix and magic/the astral plane. Things we uh... you know... don't do.

Worth a look.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … ZZibWmXY4i

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Handy

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Humble Bundle just released their new RPG bundle, with a ton of gamebooks. Wish I had any money to throw at this, I honestly wouldn't mind trying the Dresden RPG sometime.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/fict … ook-bundle

ZangrethorDigital.ca

There's a Mistborn setting? That's fucking awesome. I think I'll get that.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So I DM a campaign for a couple of my coworkers as well as some other parties (Steph, and a coworker's husband), in the Pugmire setting. Essentially D&D but with uplifted bipedal dogs instead.

After some considerable misadventures whose details need not be related, Jacques Deripaw was recognized as someone who was convicted for murder of a noble and escaped. He tried getting away from the person who recognized him, turn a corner, and hop into a barrel. He rolled horribly and was halfway in when the person saw him, so they just stuffed him the rest of the way into the barrel and called for the town guard. They rolled him to the guardhouse to deal with him in the morning.

Trying to save him: Shepherd, a shepherd (never bothered to pick her name, basically cleric class), and Sammy, with a hat of disguise. Sammy uses his hat to disguise himself as a large nun, tries to go in and ask where the privy is, is pointed to the outhouse 'round back. That doesn't work. They discuss other options.

Leah, playing Shepherd, who has been pretty straight-and-narrow on the morality thus far:

"What if we use fire?"

I shed a tear of goddamn pride at my players, unprompted and this one not even having been told of the misadventures of our Shadowrun party, deciding to use fire to solve their problem. I'd thought that Jacque had had it at this point, but they set fire to the thatched roof, and as the guard hustled out the front with the town drunk in tow, Shepherd went in the back, through a burning building, and rolled the barrel - did I mention the cell was unlocked and they'd just dropped the barrel into it? - rolled the barrel out of the building, down an embankment, it got away from them, hit the gangplank, and bounced upright onto the getaway barge with the town guard none the wiser.

http://pressenter.phispace.net/Photos/Burning%20Nailed%20It.jpg

Destroying public buildings is becoming a time honored tradition around here.

-Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://i.imgur.com/3rsD1B6.jpg

This is funny to me without even knowing anything.

Comedy is all about frameworks, I guess.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Anyone ever heard of Blades in the Dark? It's a system that I'll be starting in the next week or so as a player. Our DM is a rookie who's run a one-shot of Lady Blackbird (which I do recommend) and a few sessions of Pendragon (not so much). I'm excited for the setting - a more steampunk-y Shadowrun, perhaps.

(Meanwhile in other RPG news, I'm also about to wrap up a campaign of Feast of Legends - an RPG system released by Wendy's, yes that Wendy's, for their 40th anniversary - and I'm in a Curse of Strahd campaign for D&D 5E as well.)