Topic: Dawn of the Dead 2004

*sigh*

Yeah. Good movie.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Dawn of the Dead 2004

Edmo's Ammo and Guns isn't in Arkansas, it's 3 minutes from my house.  Fool.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Great commentary guys I look forward to the next episode.  However, you got the Wisconsin gun laws wrong.  There is absolutely NO concealed carry here.

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up Thumbs down

BTW.  Here's the dead baby jokes that I know.

What's orange, blue, and sits at the bottom of a pool?

A dead baby with slashed waders.

What swings back and forth and drips?

A dead baby hanging from a meat hook.

What turns in a circle, scratches at a window, and is red all over?

A baby in a microwave.

Whats the difference between a Cadillac a pile  of dead babies?

There isn't a Cadillac in my neighbor's garage.

Last edited by FireFighter214 (2010-10-25 14:46:31)

"Back to the Future is great, and if you disagree then you're Hitler." -Dorkman
"You sucking is canon!" -Brian

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ha! Kyle, you're totally right. Edmo is at Carey and Range Line. I have Edmo's Ammo and Guns categorized in the "funny named private store" section of my brain - along with a store in that category that is in Arkansas, which is what confused me.

And that store is "Rex's Artificial Limbs."

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tom's Rhinoplasty, so on and so forth.  And no, it's at smokey row and rangeline, get it riiight.

Last edited by Kyle (2010-10-25 19:23:54)

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Doesn't Carey become Smokey Row?

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Your neighborhood and my street were both off of Carey, how the hell do you not know this?

Your House                              The Park By My House        My House                      S
                                          II                                               II                                  II                               M
          1                              II                                               II                                  II                               O
CAREY4CAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYCAREYK
          6                                                                                                                                                      E
          th                                                                                                                                                     Y
          II                                                                                                                                                       R
          II                                                                                                                                                      O
          II                                                                                                                                                       W
KEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONEKEYSTONE+

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Okay well apparently it's impossible to make a crude map in text format on this forum.

Fucking useless.

When.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oh, yeah, that's right. Brain fart.

This has been an excellent tangent. I feel strongly about its quality.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm very curious as to why the theatrical cut was so damned short, if Trey was right in noting all those additions. Was getting an extra showing in a day that important for the studio?

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I enjoyed this one. It's hard for someone born after 78 to not prefer the update over the original but I agree with Trey's frustration at the breakneck speed at the third act.

It ties into a problem I have with zombie movies in general though - people doing stupid things and badly laid plans. Why had they not regularly bombed the crowds outside the mall with makeshift bombs?

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, the original had our heros killing zombies left and right to clear out a safe area, while the remake had them basically just hiding. There ARE a finite number of zombies in any given area, as word isn't going to travel very far to inform other zombies.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not necessarily. That's a recurring issue in Walking Dead; using loud firearms has a tendency to draw more zombies in as they react to the noise, making silent melée weapons the preferred choice.

But, of course, at its break neck speed, Snyder's film doesn't even stop to consider the point.

Walking Dead is easily in my top ten comic arcs of all time.  It's so consistantly good.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's one of those comics where I picked up the first issue or two, saw it was good, but for whatever reason didn't continue. I may go for the collections at some point.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I started reading Walking Dead last night and before I knew it was 15 issues in and way past my bed time. Absolutely brilliant writing and good effective artwork. Even saw the pilot of the brand spanking so new it's not even out yet TV series, which was pretty good too.

But yeah, there's a finite amount of zombies. Every time you kill one you're a little safer. I was just disappointed that no-one on the roster thought to take advantage of tightly packed zombies and take out a number of them. They do do this later on, and somehow manage to survive a blast about 30 yards from their A-Team buses.

And fuck that girl and her stupid dog.

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere. - Carl Sagan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So the pilot episode of Walking Dead leaked, but I've been trying to will myself not to watch it. Mostly because the file quality is really low, but I also think it's missing a lot of the effects. When does the actual show premiere?

Posted from my iPad
http://trek.fm

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Halloween night. SPOOOOOOKY.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just ran across this image, decided to repost it here.
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l8o9fbkUvE1qa0uujo1_500.jpg

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love how they have Død Snø(Dead Snow) in there. If you're into zombie flicks, check it out. It might be Norwegian, but I'm sure there are subs out there tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dead Snow is on Netfilx.  It's in Norwegian, subbed in English.  Noticed it a while back, meant to check it out but forgot; thanks for reminding me.

I've got it, I just need to get around to watching it. Looks interesting.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I like that Night of the Creeps is on that poster too. I just bought the Blu Ray, had to import it as it isn't available in the UK sad

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dead snow is awesome. Nazi-zombies rule!

Thumbs up Thumbs down