Topic: Pokémon GO Video - Looking For Music

Asked the question, but it got buried in the chat box pretty quickly.

I'm planning on making a Pokémon GO video for my YouTube channel pretty soon, just a music video sorta thing with my wife Steph running around Saratoga or wherever catching Pokémon on her phone. (For those who are out of the loop or not on social media where you'd be drowning in it, GO is a bona fide phenomenon. We were at the park last night after dark and literally the only people there were roving bands of Pokémon trainers, over two dozen in total, so I think the video would go over very well.)

I'm planning on setting it to the theme music from the original anime (you know, "I wanna be the very best / Like no one ever was!"). But before I just go and nab the original recording, I was wondering if any of you guys either A) have recorded it already and would be willing to let me use it, or B) would be interested in recording it. I'm looking to have the video done by the end of the month at the latest; ideally doing preproduction with Steph this week and shooting next week, editing as I go.

So yeah, let me know if you're interested!

So far:
Owen: Vocals
Tom

Last edited by Boter (2016-07-14 01:43:08)

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Re: Pokémon GO Video - Looking For Music

Owen, you mentioned interest in the chat box in working on this. You're based out of the UK, right? (I say as a formality, had to use the user lookup and, on a work computer mind, type in "queefward".) I'm in the eastern US. What's the latest time on a weeknight you might be able to talk over Skype or something to see what we can figure out? I'll be doing preproduction with Steph on Thursday and it'd be cool to have you in on that.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I just got home from a Pokemon Hunt myself and there were tonnes of people hanging out catching Pokemon, it was awesome! The game isn't even officially released over here yet, so it's only gonna get even bigger.

Not sure exactly what I can offer for the project, but it's Pokemon and that's like - my thing. The wiring on my guitar is pretty fucked, so the best I could do would be to sing it.

The only snag is I'll be leaving for Star Wars Celebration on Thursday and won't be back until Monday.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Music is what I'm hoping, yeah, but we can try to figure out what's possible. I already have a solid plan for filming it and it's pretty well mentally storyboarded. I can start editing to the original music, and if you're able to so something for music, that can be added in. If you're unable to do something on the guitar, I know someone who composes music that might be interested that you could then provide vocals for, but I don't think he's that much of a fan.

I'm sure we can work something out. If this forum has taught us anything, it's that we all like to come together to cover a song!

Worst case scenario though, the Pokemon Youtube community is huge and there are tonnes of covers already out there. So no doubt you'd likely get permission to use one of them.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm in to do that.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Cool! I've made some posts on Facebook groups to have a meetup near me next week, would love a huge group of people for the final shot, so hoping a lot get involved. Would hope to keep music stuff on FIYH though smile I'll update the first post with who can do what and everyone can coordinate here. So far we've got Owen on vocals; Tom, what can you provide?

I sing, too.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Oops, thought I posted this here. I ended up just going with the original music, partially for the quick turnaround on it.

Now, if you guys want to Poké Rap or something then I'll see if I can get some more video to go with it, but otherwise, enjoy the video tongue

That's awesome!

Shared it on facebook

Last edited by Writhyn (2016-08-26 18:34:29)

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down