Topic: Next Campaign - Burnt Skies

So I get the feeling that the current Shadowrun campaign is reaching a climax. While it's possible to do a "continuing adventures of", I don't know who wants to keep doing so or even if Shadow wants to keep DMing.

I might be interested in running a few sessions of my Burnt Skies system, and seeing if we want to take it as a full campaign. The elevator pitch is capital ship combat, with the Big Guns of each ship having more power and accuracy the bigger the ship is. Everyone could control their own ship, or everyone can be bridge crew members on a single ship.

Take a look at the rules and let me know.

Burnt Skies Player's Guide

The Player's Guide is written as though we're to take place during a galactic civil war; if you want, we can also do immediately after the end of the war (mopping up) or a few years after the war during reconstruction.

If we want to go for it, I'll go through the Guide and probably touch up a few rules since it's been a while since I've revisited them.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Re: Next Campaign - Burnt Skies

Don't have time to read the thing right now, but giant ship combat? Hell to the fuck yes.

And I'm down with moving on to something else after this campaign. Shadowrun (as a system) is fun...but....draining.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Okay, so looks like we're looking at the Burnt Skies RPG. Everyone pilots a giant capital ship!

Slightly updated PDF here.

What I want to know is what people want to do. There are a few options.

Civil War

The oppressed Coalition of Worlds rebels against the Galactic Government. Play either side, though unless you guys try *really* hard I'll be trying to keep the course of the war relatively canon.

Mopping Up

The war has finished. The Coalition has won and is creating the New Government. But holdouts from the Old Government are still trying to keep their grasp on the galaxy, or at least their little corner. Recommend playing the New Government.

Reconstruction

Five years later, the galaxy has mostly settled into the New Government's way of things. However, pirates and smugglers still abound. Now that the New Government has legal control over known space, it's time to deal with the illegals. Play as New Government or a pirate gang; if pirate, starting with one ship and capturing more from there.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Can we do early civil war? Or does that have to much potential to mess with canon?

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I haven't set anything there but I could certainly come up with it.

Canon is that the Coalition wins. If you want to play Government you can, but I'll be stacking it against you as it goes on tongue Won't be impossible, just hard.

(For that matter, so would piracy - a famous pirate is a hunted pirate.)

That's my vote then, very early civil war fighting for the Coalition. We can be early heroes like Garm Bel Ibis and General Dodonna.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

TLDR I'm down

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down