Topic: Toronto Cybercide: Abstract Messiah

...Oh hey, I totally never posted this.

Worked on a feature film back in '09. Had the premiere in 2011 and released it on DVD and streaming rental in 2012. Uploaded it to Vimeo to watch for free earlier this year.

I... "produced" I guess we'll say. Lead camera, lead editor, lead VFX, also one of the lead actors.

Nowadays I look at it and see that it was our foray into getting good quality audio, and in that we succeeded. It'd be a bit until we'd have enough experience with lighting to get it looking good too, so it's... not the most visually pleasing watch, but I'm still very proud of it considering our collective skill set at the time.

Hope you folks enjoy it!

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Re: Toronto Cybercide: Abstract Messiah

I remember seeing the preproduction thread for this back into day, I'll have to check it out  big_smile

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I helped!

[watches viewcount skyrocket]

big_smile

"Defending bad movies is VaporTrail's religion."
-DorkmanScott

I remember doing the prison-establishing shots for that.
Where the hell's my money?

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When we get some we'll send some your way.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Did I help on this thing, or did I not?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

If it's anything like anything else, probably not.

(Sorry, that was a slam that happened because of the setup, not because it actually means anything. sad)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I don't *believe* so. If you did you'd be in the credits.

*checks said credits but also because I love the credits song*

Nope, not this one.

Also it's weird seeing my bachelor name in there now. Only been married three years and it's like, "Oh yeah."

Yep, you're one of my favorite, "I know a guy who..." stories for that one! ;-)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I couldn't help but think while watching it was 'this will make an amzing animé'

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There are one or two shots that were specifically inspired by various anime genres and we watch enough of it that it's probably subconsciously formative as well.