Re: Your Random Creations

Darth Praxus wrote:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/darthpraxus/sadmaxcriterion_zpsfu1wg0el.png

I want to hear the "Demo Tracks from the lost musical Pop Gothic!" ... I also still want to hear the musical Mister Perfect. big_smile

"Life is about movies; anything else is a bonus!"- Me   cool

Spent the last few hours making the intro for my Let's Play of Mass Effect 2, thought it'd be fun to contrast it with the one I made for ME1.

A bit of a difference.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkqTYVyUoAAm6pY.jpg:large

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I did that thing again.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Oooooh. Saber. Fun?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I honestly haven't played around with it too much. I've just been doing a lot of holographic interfacey things lately and it's really really good for making interesting glowy edge type effects for those.

it seems pretty powerful at what it does...well there's lots of buttons and sliders and stuff to mess with tongue

ZangrethorDigital.ca

pretty good!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Finally got around to uploading some film score type stuff to my bandcamp.

https://fullempty.bandcamp.com/album/succession

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't usually share non-movie-review essays here, but I'm pretty damn proud of this one: "The Shadow Over Cleveland: Donald Trump as Supernatural Horror". A semi-tongue-in-cheek but also-completely-serious piece that consults Harry G. Frankfurt's On Bullshit and the horrific philosophy of S. T. Joshi, Thomas Ligotti, and Stephen King to answer the question: is Donald J. Trump in fact bent on destroying the fabric of reality itself?

Last edited by Abbie (2016-07-21 00:08:38)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just put together a quick reel of some stuff I've been working on. Some new stuff and some stuff that hasn't been publicly released yet.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Those logos are all so pretty.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Why thank you sir. big_smile

ZangrethorDigital.ca

These are all great, I'mma let you finish, but the top left character in the first picture is like burnout ET selling his snowboard on Craigslist.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi folks - 

It's been forever since i posted and my lurking is way down due to my new job, still love this place though.

But i do have a new thing that we've finished.  My duo project Diego Hayes finished up another album.  It's called "The Break" and is loosely organized around a fictional relationship falling apart.   It's a little moody, has some drive, and get just a little weird towards the end.

hope you folks enjoy.  We're really happy with how it turned out...and of immediately started on the next project in order to avoid the inevitable crash after a project.

https://scontent.fsnc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14022231_1758002471137247_5468405936009213968_n.jpg?oh=3b61eac928ba25120d08321d0545bf5a&oe=58CC04FE
https://soundcloud.com/mcbrayer/sets/di … -the-break

it's also on Spotify, if you're so inclined.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*clicks play*

*three seconds later*

I'm already impressed. Diving in.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Overall, I ended up grading you on a curve more and more as the album went on, but that's mostly because it seemed less and less like a small personal project and more and more like a "real album," as in, someone told me to listen to this. So take these all in the most generous possible spirit, because they're more like the critiques I would have of a song on the radio than critiques I'd give a buddy. Seriously, just impressive as hell, can't wait for the follow up.

Pins and Needles: Fun, poppy, dig it. A tad repetitive, but it suits the song in kind of a "Stuck in the Middle With You" kind of way.

When Is The Next Us: *squints* You guys might be The Rolling Underground. Was that a band? Anyway, this is also fun and poppy and I also dig it. Also has the repetitive thing; you guys might consider adding a part to these that isn't moving in lockstep with the rest of it. More bass movement would help, maybe.

Save Me: This is really fun. I want to hear the guitars a lot more in the non-synth bits of the song, but that's just me. This is almost new wave; could almost be a TMBG or Berlin tune. Thumbs up.

Nashville: This melody is killin' it. I like the atmosphere as the song opens up, too. I also like the harmony thing you do with the vocals on these, it gives everything a nice Beatles-y vibe. Slick. (Towards the end, I almost expect musical record scratches. That's an oddly 'Linkin Park' instinct to feel in a cool trip-hoppy Beatles-ish tune.)

The Edge: First fifteen seconds seem really promising, as a single... minute in, opinion is the same, waiting for the change... 1:20... want it now. Ah. Alright, more buildup. Maybe not a single, then; was hoping for a big release right there. (Drums break in, 'switch to pre-chorus'-type moment.) Aw, and then it's over! This one should have a part II sometime later. Cool everything, but I can't help really wanting it to go somewhere for all that buildup. I really like the design of the sounds as the song ends, though; not that it ends, but what it sounds like when it does. That's a really cool moment.

Sweet Dreams: smile

Lies: Dang, this starts strong. These all start really strong. (Not to say that they taper off later, just that I like the way you get into songs.) This one reminds me a bit of "I Can See For Miles and Miles and Miles," which is a good place to be.

My Fortune: I started grinning the second this song started. These really do start strong. Yeah, this is also solid. One thing that I wish I were feeling a bit more through these is the beat; the actual percussion parts all sound about right, I just want a bit more of a spine back there for some of the mushier moments. Thumps and thwacks.

Friday Night: Sounds great. As a minor illustrative tangent, imagine halfway through this a sudden huge drum fill into 4/4, and that then the song is just off to the races. That's the sort of moment I keep waiting for in these. Not that I actually have any expertise; just that that's what I feel is being cued up but never quite happening.

I Don't Know: I'm coming up on an overall-opinion on the record, which is... lots of tension, not enough release. (He said like you should give any portion of a shit about his opinion.) I think I'd really love this song if it was an unusually sus-heavy standout on the record, but since there's plenty of "leaning on a droning whole note"-type of arrangements in here, it gets a bit lost in the shuffle. That's unfortunate, because I think I like it as a song more than I like it on the album.

Spaces: Maybe the vocals are a bit forward; if these felt a bit "swirlier in the background," the song might have a different vibe for me; as it is, it's frankly kind of grating to hear that same one note right up next to my face for two minutes. It also doesn't benefit from the back-to-back lineup with another song where things are a bit on the drone-y side, with I Don't Know.

This is very cool; I like where you are and where it's all goin.' My thoughts for what might make me like it more (which, note, has rarely meant 'anyone else will like it at all,' so) include: 1) maybe more counterpoint movement in the arrangements; bass movement could do it, or a more omni-present mid-high synth part, or something, just to help shake the songs out of that "sometimes these seem like a loop" vibe. When it feels like a song is a train married to its rails, interest/tension/release takes a hit. 2) an even-tighter rhythm section may give these songs some angularity that they might benefit from; by which I mean more-present drums and a bass part that's trying to impress a prom date. 3) no third thing. This album is impressive as hell. Well done.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague -

thanks for taking time to listen to it and i appreciate the feedback.  some really good notes in there.
you're note on 'I don't know' is funny because that was the last song to get put on the album and that wasn't planned.  I recorded most of it late one night, sent it to my buddy and he immediately wrote the rest.  it was pretty much a 24 hour turn around.  we both felt that the haggard, tired sound to the overall track (3am recordings can do that to a song) actually worked thematically.   however, in relation to the overall sound of the album, i can see your point.   

We've already discussed the next album being super driving.  I think we got this mood out of our system.  But i do think that some of this material like Friday Night is just asking to be paired with either abstract visuals, or buried in a scene, something Lynchian.  (*glances around the message board*)

glad you liked it.   thanks.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Because Trump won, I lost a bet and had to make a 2 hour long album using Trump voice clips, which I made in 2 days.

https://terminalshkreli.bandcamp.com/album/trumpt

It was an interesting exercise in re-purposing sound clips, and not going insane.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This is amazing.  and completely bonkers.  bravo.

i'm planning on taking this in fully later on tonight, possibly with the help of one of CA's newly passed propositions.

nice work

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wow. This is really something. Clicked through a few of them, stopped for a while on By the Millions. Shit's cool.

I'm not sure if I'll also be coming back to listen through it all the way, but, solid work.  big_smile (Maybe it's saturation, but I have a really hard time even listening to Trump's voice at the moment. I honestly can't imagine being you for the past few days. Yeesh.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't.....what.......what?.........uh........

*initializing shutdown*

*reboot sequence*

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I honestly can't imagine being you for the past few days. Yeesh.)

I had a moment where I think I had a psychotic breakdown. I just started laughing hysterically into my hands while taking a break.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Nuthin' but copper and solder.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Hot damn, war Teague!

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://soundcloud.com/scoopsuft/scoops-permanence
I've been trying to wash that Trump album out of my mind.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

*got a MIDI keyboard a few days ago; having lots of fun with it*

I was fumbling around in Ableton when I stumbled upon a sound which immediately reminded me of a little something from a certain TV show.

Last edited by Saniss (2016-12-17 01:15:32)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down