Re: The New Introduction Thread

Invid wrote:

Always trust forum posters with candy.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/be/be2ad6747132f5b8f42d31210b8ac0777c5606fd022fbca753542efad793e3c3.jpg

I mean...

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello FIYH forums, I'm who my username says. I'm 20 and currently striving toward mediocrity in life. I like stuff on my pizza and my sister's number is (555) 555-5555. Also I'm a total wimp that doesn't take risks so no big injuries (yet)

I've been a long time listener of the show, and I guess I finally listened to Teauge in the podcast and decided to join the forum.

I don't have any candy, but I live in Tennessee so I can get us some bacon wrapped doughnut hamburgers or whatever awful stuff it is we have here. Can't wait to enjoy the forum!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tennessee, eh? Give us some bacon wrapped doughnut hamburgers and a bottle of Jack, and we'll forget all about the candy.

Also, your sister didn't reply. Is she currently off-planet?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey wrote:

Yay, Morgan arrives!

If you're extra lucky, sometimes Morgan gives you candy.   Delicious regionally-available candy.

Place your orders now - Fall candy will be here soon!

Thanks for the welcome, folks! Dunno how often I'll post but I'll try my best to post things worthwhile.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi new people!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hey all, my names Corey and just moved from WI to SC for a film program and am either anxious (panic attack anxious not excited anxious), depressed (confused and lonely depressed not The Cure depressed) or scared (future scared not frightened scared that someones going to kill me...but there is that guy at the gas station...) at any given point in the day.  Worked in factories for the better part of a decade and felt like a sucker.  I don't even like movies as much as I did growing up, but really want to make one, always have.  Injuries: collar bone, jaw, ankle, cheekbone, concussions...not detailed because I seldom go to the hospital, mixed bag of skateboarding, fights, alcoholism and unknown (ps, i get punched, so the 'fights' mention isn't trying to sound tough).
Heard of WAYDM/DIF/FIYH/POA (pick one already) just searching for commentaries, heard one and loved it, the guys don't make you hate em' and are smart enough to listen to the whole time.  Also hinged from listening to How Did This Get Made?, another great podcast. 
FUN FACT:  Smoked a bong with Mark Ruffalo's sister.

Last edited by DeputyVanHalen (2014-09-17 22:41:50)

"I'm mad as hell and have no choice but to keep taking it!"

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I like this guy.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Welcome!

I post because I care.
  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -
"Feel free to flame me. I don't like Legends of Korra or Gravity, either."

Hello FIYH forum,

I found FIYH through Zarban's House of Commentaries, while searching for a Batman Returns commentary. Liked the BR commentary, and kept coming back.

Most of the time I listen to the commentaries while commuting.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, you can't lose.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello all, I am new here.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi! What led you to our little corner of the internet?

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hello, everyone! I made a member account in these lovely forums a long long time ago but never really knew what to say or how to involve in cool discussions going on, so I eventually phased out, while still actively listening to the show.

However, this is a place where a lot of the discussion actually speaks to me and seems like a really nice corner of the internet to be in. I've been around since late Geekza days, with the show already being based in LA, I believe, and I had some cool times in the chatroom back then as well.

Me, my name is Filipe, 21 years old. I'm from Portugal, currently in the Portuguese equivalent of a film school - it's also mixed with different arts stuff, a big generalist chunk of classes, and a bunch of more specific cool stuff. Aside from having a big interest in movies ever since a small kid, I've also grown up learning musical instruments, languages and a bunch of other stuff, so now I do a little bit of motion graphics stuff, I compose music and regularly play guitar and flute, and am doing a bunch of more filmy stuff mainly due to my college degree. Also, video games.

Not sure I have much more to say here, but it's nice to be around here, and hopefully I manage to fit in and be a part of some of the discussion threads you guys got here.

So yeah, hi!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Welcome!  smile

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Watching the exorcist... a snip bit seems to nail why I'm here. https://youtu.be/genMlPDU6W4?t=290

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi everybody. I have posted here a few times but never said much, so now I am posting in the thread.

My username is Dorkman, but I go by the name Michael. I am a compositor at Encore. I was coming back from dinner at the end of September 2014 and was at Cedars Sinai for nearly a year after that. I then spent time from October 2015 to April 2016 at Rancho Los Amigos in ABI DRC classes every Monday and Wednesday of the year. Though I got better, I still go to Brains in Motion class and visit Driving Techniques classes on Tuesdays. I got my job back at Encore so I do not need to get another any time soon.

I do not have my sister's phone number, but mine is now [REDACTED]. Call me if you want to and I will add your number as well.

I came across FIYH by being a member. I also used the forum at TheForce.net while I was a member there, though I haven't seen that since before my accident.

Mod edit: I know we're your friends here, but having your phone number publicly available online can be a bad idea.

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

Hello Michael, we look forward to your contributions.  wink

What kind of compositing are you into these days?

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hi all! I just joined. Where do I start? Well, my action movie is Die Hard, my favorite rom com is That Thing You Do, my favorite Pixar film is a tie between Inside Out, Incredibles, and Monsters Inc. My favorite film of ALL TIME though is probably Raiders of the Lost Ark. Favorite TV shows: Doctor Who, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Daredevil, Stargate SG1, Firefly. Also really big into Harry Potter, but I don't say "favorite movies" because, movie-wise, they're not (though I do enjoy them). I don't say "favorite books" because, to book readers, I might as well say my favorite books are Twilight. So, it's one of my favorite STORIES. How's that?

Ok, so those are my favorites. There are many. I'll spare you the rest.

About  me: My name is Evan, I was born and raised in NH, went to college in Arizona where I met my wife, bought a house, bought a dog, established my now 11 year career as a motion designer/storyboard artist and then, oh, hey, I don't know, became a dad too. Lived in Arizona for a number of years when my job said "move to Oregon or move on to another company". Having no other company, I moved to Oregon. So I'm now living in a small town in the Portland area called Newberg. I own a freelancing LLC where I do storyboarding, editing, motion design, and comp for marketing. But my day job is to work in prototyping at Intel where I develop Unity applications for VR and demo purposes. I get to conceptualize and build the scenes, and I've even learned to code in C# a bit. But ultimately I'm a designer in a team of engineers.

I can be a bit socially awkward (rule number one of being socially awkward: Talk about your social awkwardness), but I'm a nice guy and my wife and I are always looking for new friends who share our love of all things nerd and film-related (No, I mean, like, we've GOT FRIENDS, we just like having MORE friends). So if you're in the Portland area and staying inside to deal with the rain, but don't have anyone to hang out with, PM me. You can totally come hang out. Just don't be a crack addict or a murderer.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

Welcome to the forum!

One of us. One of us.

I know we used to have at least one regular around here who lives around Portland; can't say for sure they're not a crack addict or murderer, though.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Welcome good sir! Looking forward to seeing you around these parts. You can go back to my introduction (I forget if it was any good, aside from something about Teague and my sister), but in short, I like popcorn movies, I'm currently running a tabletop RPG campaign in the Friends in Your Dungeon subforum, and [third item because lists are supposed to be composed of three items]. Oh, YouTube somethingorother, that's the ticket.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I like this one. He seems likeable. I like him.

I'd love to hang out, even more so if you're a motion designer and storyboard artist, but since I'm 5,506 miles from you, this probably won't happen anytime soon. But we have a forum! Yay!

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

What brought you to Friends in Your Head?

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I worked at Intel with a dude who listened to it religiously and I think knows a couple of the guys, but I don't know (his name was Dan Sturm if anyone is familier). Now he works in VFX somewhere. I don't really keep tabs.

I didn't really become an avid listener until close to when they were done. Mainly because I didn't really ever have a chance to sit and listen to podcasts. So I'd listen every now and again but not all the time. Now I've got a long drive to work, so I listen then (just to put into perspective why the hell it took me seven years to get on the forums).

@Saniss - It's ok. Even the lead singer of the Proclaimers only walked 1000 miles. And that was for love.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

I, for one, remember Dan Sturm.

*sits back down like Atticus Finch*

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I, for one, remember Dan Sturm.

*sits back down like Atticus Finch*

doctormalcomwellthereitis.gif

Ok, forget everything I've said up until now. You want to know me? Watch this video I made out of boredom last year.

https://vimeo.com/168016790/a90c756b6b