Topic: Request for help on a school related project

Friends, Romans, nerds, lend me your eyes,

I am currently working through an internship as the final stage of obtaining as Master's degree in Mental Health Counseling. As part of this process, I am co-leading a Yoga Calm group, which is a yoga class designed to help those with mental health or behavioral health problems to control depression, anxiety and mindfulness. A lot of the poses are pretty standard yoga, but the management of breathing and body promotes better mental health and well being. Here's the website if you want to learn more: http://www.yogacalm.org/about/

As part of this process, I have been assisting another counselor in building different classes based upon age. One facet is taking time for a mindfulness meditation, and I wanted to develop some basic  symbols that people use to help with the visualization. And my inner nerd went "I have an idea!"

I want to develop something that is similar to the emotional spectrum from Green Lantern, in which seven emotions are represented by power rings, and basic symbols. However, I am trying to develop concepts that focus on positive emotions or traits, with an associated color.

Here is some basic symbols I found that I think fit the bill:
http://i.imgur.com/E1SF3vy.jpg

If you have read this far, thank you. I am going to be developing this concept over the next couple of weeks, and need some eyes to help me create the colors and effects. Unfortunately, this is on a volunteer basis, so I'm not expecting anyone to build graphics from the ground up. But, as I post progress, I would greatly appreciate feedback on the concept and development, or any graphic help if any one has time.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Request for help on a school related project

I'm down for graphics making. Been meaning to use photoshop, since I'm subscribed tongue
I'm a little tired to come up with ideas right now, but if you nail down what emotions you're representing, I'll pick a couple and art the heck out of 'em or whatever.

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Writhyn wrote:

I'm down for graphics making. Been meaning to use photoshop, since I'm subscribed tongue
I'm a little tired to come up with ideas right now, but if you nail down what emotions you're representing, I'll pick a couple and art the heck out of 'em or whatever.

Sweetness. Once find the printout of the emotions I wanted I will list them out and my initial concepts.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ok, finally remade my list of the colors and associated emotions/traits.

Red: Strength
Orange: Endurance or Creativity
Yellow: Intelligence or Understanding
Green: Healing
Blue: Serenity or tranquility
Purple: Transformation or Wisdom

Again, these will all be fairly abstract concepts so the meaning can be put in to them by the person participating.

The above example symbols are along the lines of simplicity that I want, with basic shapes and lines, and nothing overly complicated. For instance, the lower left one I can imagine being in green, perhaps with some leaves or bark effect, to give a nature look. The very  middle one could be a blue for water as a serene calm symbol.

That's the basics of my thoughts. smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I like the color associations.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

I like the color associations.

Thanks, Teague. I based it upon a psychology of color project as well as a guided meditation used in the yoga class.

The hardest part has been finding abstract symbols that I can work with.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Adobe has an app called Adobe Capture. If you're subscribed to CC, you can take a picture of those shapes, for instance, and have it instantly vectorized. I'm sure it'll help with doing the icons smile

Tomahawk Ellingsen

www.extendededition.net

Tomahawk wrote:

Adobe has an app called Adobe Capture. If you're subscribed to CC, you can take a picture of those shapes, for instance, and have it instantly vectorized. I'm sure it'll help with doing the icons smile

Thanks, Tom. That could provide some great variations. This is pretty experimental so any suggestions are welcome smile

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/yidUzHnBk32Um9aMMw/giphy.gif

Tom has blown my wee little mind.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

clap

Tomahawk Ellingsen

www.extendededition.net