Topic: "What Football Will Look Like in the Future" - Trust me. Read it now.

"What Football Will Look Like in the Future"

- - - - - - - - - -

DON'T READ THIS UNTIL YOU'VE READ THE LINK

SPOILER Show
Apologies for the vague thread title, but I didn't want to spoil anything about this so I couldn't just throw it in the Space Nerds thread.

I'm almost disappointed that this is apparently a continuing story, because it works perfectly on its own right now. Aagh, it's so cool.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Re: "What Football Will Look Like in the Future" - Trust me. Read it now.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that was cool. Page 1 definitely works on its own. Definitely looking forward to seeing where the stuff from page 2 goes.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Page 3 is up, just a video of some sort. Saw it when it was just two pages; the two seemingly have nothing to do with each other except for a segue, and the next two are like that too - so far, odd-numbered is Nine & co. and even is football, with just a segue sentence or two from odd to even.

I don't know what's hooking me more.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I relate to Juice on such a deep, inexpressable level. #JustABigOlHampuck

ZangrethorDigital.ca

One of the flower girls at the wedding I shot today was snacking on a Lunchable during bridal prep. All I could think was, "Ham, ham, ham, ham, ham, ham, ham, ham. Hampuck."

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

That link should come with a warning: "Don't click if you have other shit to do this morning because hahahahahahaha that ain't gettin done"

I'm caught up through Chapter 18 and I love this. I'm obsessed. Half of me is wondering why I spend so much time on instagram when there are things like this on the internet, things that are cool and weird and tell a story in a way that is so internet. And of course the other half of me is wondering why we do anything at all...

Anyway, thanks for this, Darth.
(And oh my goodness I'm Ten. And Game 27 is trash. But all my friends are like Juice and that's why I love them.)

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

I'm so curious about this thing. Is there any indication how long iit'll go on for? (Or any indication that it's finite?)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I think it's supposed to run through July 15th, so nearly done.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Oh crud I forgot about this and have a lot of catching up to do!

Edit: THE BULB COME ON (Pretty sure I know where this is going before they clarify...)

Last edited by Boter (2017-07-13 19:46:19)

Ok so the Centennial Bulb (as we quaintly call it in the present) is probably making me think more than the rest of the series, no mean feat. It already strains credibility that a single light bulb has been burning continuously for 115 years. For 15,000 years? Clearly it's had help at this point. I figured the nanos were somehow replenishing the filament by whatever incremental amount it's strained or used up or however that works. They even mention the site as being "protected", and it seems to me that the nanos would be incredibly useful in preserving monuments. ("Why are all of the buildings still the same ones," Nine considers asking at some point. Answer: nanos, the second magic bean in the story, if I'm using the term correctly.)

So anyway, if it's a protected site, you'd think the nanos would protect the bulb. Or, failing that, repair it - but if it's "gone", then any reassembly is going to come back to a severe discussion on Theseus' Ship. "The screw was still there so it was reconstructed around that." Does it still count, then, as the same bulb that's been burning since 1901? Or does this society say, "Yeah, that didn't count, and now we have the power to undo mistakes like that?“