Re: Doctor Who is awesome, yeah?

Maggie Smith.

Come at me.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tilda Swinton has been tipped and Maggie Smith would be rad but both too big to be the Doctor.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So, any Broadchurch fans? 

[Only made it through the first two episodes of the recent series so far, having bailed after the first episode of the previous one.  Kind of not super-impressed, but I guess it's better than The Phantom Menace.  Maybe that's the reason for the good reviews.]

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I've seen the first season of Broadchurch and loved it. There was only one season at the time.

I remember Jodie Whittaker (the 13th Doctor) in the show, but she was a distressed mother. Was hard to see the Doctor qualities in that kind of character but does not mean that she does not possess them.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

We have dodged a bullet then it not being Chris Marshall.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kibouchi wrote:

I've seen the first season of Broadchurch and loved it. There was only one season at the time.

Ah, yeah, just realized the ambiguity.  I haven't seen Broadchurch at all, so would be interested to hear views.  I meant I've only made it through the first two episodes of Season 10 of Doctor Who, having bailed on Season 9 after one episode and heard that the rest of it wasn't good. 

Unlike the last go-round, didn't really recognize any of the actors who people were talking about as being in the running, so I don't have any real expectations one way or the other beyond "Thank fuck Steven Moffat is leaving".

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Anyone who has seen Attack The Block has seen Jodie Whittaker as she was the woman the kids mug.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Jimmy B wrote:

Anyone who has seen Attack The Block has seen Jodie Whittaker as she was the woman the kids mug.

Anyone who's listened to the DiF commentary knows her as "British Felicia Day"  smile

(Welcome back, Jimmy.)

We all float down here...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Wecome back, one and all!

https://i.imgur.com/nTFzFE0.jpg

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down