Topic: Ghostbusters

Hey folks, Teague here. There’s not much to say about Ghostbusters – it’s just, well, Ghostbusters. Perhaps a wiser man than me could put more words here, but it doesn’t take a wise man to know that you’d rather just listen to the damned thing.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Ghostbusters

Just watched this for first time in way to long, but what I love most is that the character of Spengler is my dad! He looks just like him and acts like him to. He loves that scientific type of thinking and he is the head of the science of division at our local community collage. The line "i collect spores molds and fungus make me think of him. When i tell him he is like him he cant help but agree for the most part.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The next time you ask him "so what do you think?" and he whips out his calculator, make sure you give him a whack and say "stop that!" smile

For me, Ramis' "i'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought" line is one of the funniest things in the movie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

FYI:

Not sure if anyone's posted this yet, but someone made a trailer that seems to be some kind of parody or takeoff on "Room 237"—except that it uses "Ghostbusters" as its inspiration. The video is here, and here's a post in which a writer at Slate.com scratches his head.

Such are the benefits of having a Google Alert for "Ghostbusters," ladies and gentlemen.

Not sure how I feel about the actual trailer there. On the one hand, "Room 237"-type conspiracy theorizing is ripe for parody. On the other hand, it might be impossible to parody that stuff. Someone thinks the subtleties of the Overlook Hotel's decor amount to clear evidence that Kubrick faked the Apollo 11 mission. And your job is to make something more absurd than that. Best of luck.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A lot of film news sites seriously thought that that trailer was real. It's obviously a parody. Just watch the trailer for Room 237 and you'll see that it's beat-for-beat the same. Still pretty funny.

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess in a post-Room 237 world there's slightly less reason to doubt that it's a real trailer. When I watched 237, I kept wondering if it was itself some kind of satire or lampooning of something or other; I kept waiting for that other shoe to drop. But, as people have said, the movie essentially just says "Yeah, so, you know... some people think these things. Kthnxbye."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just heard this commentary after a double screening of Ghostbusters 1 & 2 in London. Four years ago when this was being recorded, the third one seemed imminent. Sounds like it's still some time away... http://www.slashfilm.com/ivan-reitman-c … ll-murray/

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Four years ago when this was being recorded, the third one seemed imminent.

Haha, nah.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

http://www.theonion.com/articles/epa-sh … /?ref=auto

The EPA has reportedly angered some local officials who claim the agency rushed to shut down the facility. According to Capt. Kevin Houlihan of NYPD's 5th Precinct, paranormal disturbances in Manhattan have increased exponentially since the decision was made to seize the operation. Houlihan cited several instances of blood running down walls, canines and felines cohabitating peacefully, and, perhaps most alarming, the potential for "mass hysteria."

Last edited by drewjmore (2014-01-11 02:54:19)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

When Ghostbusters 2 came out it was playing in the hotel I was staying at (the hotel was the local cinema) and if you stayed at the hotel you got to go in for free.  We stayed at the hotel for 7 nights, I went and watched Ghostbusters 2 six out of those seven nights.

I was twelve, I did not know better.

As for Ghostbusters... I had the story on a cassette tape which came with a readalong book (when I was even younger). I did not see the film Ghostbusters until waaaaay after I had seen the second one.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would be SO excited about this version of Ghostbusters

Natasha Lyonne as Venkman? Inspired, but fitting.
Gillian Anderson as Spengler? It just makes so much sense!
Though for Stantz, I'd prefer Kaitlin Olson, but Chelsea Peretti makes a lot of sense. Though, come to think of it, maybe Kristen Schaal would be better than either.

Anyway, that's an amusing and thought-provoking article that is relevant to our interests.

Disclaimer: if you dislike the tone of a post I make, re-read it in a North/East London accent until it sounds sufficiently playful smile

Plinkett's review of the 2016 remake:

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down