Re: New Star Trek

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

And youtube's recommended video after that is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8aUuFsXRjU

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The less said about that the better.

Agreed

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm still worried about those alleged Klingons. Maybe it's better to assume it's a prequel to the Abramsverse or another alternate timeline (I wouldn't have a problem with that) than try to fit new ideas and redesigns into the original timeline canon.

Oh, well... We'll just have to wait and see.

Regan wrote:

And youtube's recommended video after that is... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8aUuFsXRjU

facepalm

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Wait.. STD...Not sure I want an STD

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm excited for both Orville and Discovery, so looks like my fall is all stacked up.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

STD's premiere date has been announced.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Lot's of nice stuff at Comic-Con being revealed, including props, and some info on aliens. Avoid if you don't want spoilers, but the phasers are looking pretty cool, and the Klingons are getting a full set of armor.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

'The Orville' episode 1: I almost liked it. I mean, it kept my attention to the end so...?! It turned out to be just a watered down version of both trek and family guy - never nailing the tone of either leaving me confused to what it was trying to be. In honesty, I would have liked it more if Seth McFarlane wasn't leading in it. He isn't a leading man. Don't get me wrong he has a fantastic character voice but a voice does not an actor make.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I personally found the first episode of Orville be pretty good. Not as funny as I thought, but it had a lot of heart, and very solid world building. I don't have enough experience with McFarlane's work I guess to have huge expectations, but I found his character to be interesting, quirky and funny. I guess I related or something.

The rest of the cast was solid, and none of them felt like "Oh, that's just this character from Star Trek" to me. It all felt very genuine.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Regan wrote:

'The Orville' episode 1

I was expecting a disaster; it turned out to be watchable. The real thing premieres in two days cool
http://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2016/03/20/635941049772774897-351854956_45971473.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, that was certainly exponentially better than the last episode of Star Trek!

So the Klingons look different and everyone has holograms but so what!?

The leads have a really fresh and interesting dynamic from the very start. It manages to feel very Trek yet completely fresh.

From what we've seen so far, this may be Abramsverse: The Series with focus on battles in space. The "exploring new worlds" aspect is absent so far (hopefully this will change a bit in the upcoming episodes).

I didn't hate it. I still prefer to think of it as another alternate timeline; trying to fit all the new stuff (like the various redesigns and anachronistic technology) into the Prime Universe is just too cumbersome.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Being a part time Trekker - I dug ST:D. Looking forward to see where they 'boldly go' with this.

And, as much as I miss the Klingons looking like seasoned metal-heads, I'm down with the new look.

'Navy in space'... I certainly felt seasick with all the dutch angles and messing with the 180 rule - the camera work was all, at least, interesting and at most, a bit distracting.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'm starting to really like The Orville; the show is having a lot of fun with Star Trek tropes while delivering some interesting social satire.

It's still a little too early to pass definite judgment on Discovery. The "darker and edgier" tone and other similarities to Stargate Universe can be the show's downfall. Discovery can work if the writers have a plan for the whole season (or even the whole series). If they're making it up as they go along, I don't see much chance of success.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

A new trailer for Discovery Season 2:

SPOILER Show

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As much as I enjoyed the first season, I am pleased see some nods back to the original show, with the uniforms and Klingon ships. The big question will be how much we see of the Enterprise and what that will look like.

Of course, Now Captain Pike is taking command of Discovery, the Trekkies are going to have to update their Encyclopedias with a new Captain of the Enterprise.

MartyJ wrote:

A new trailer for Discovery Season 2:

SPOILER Show

Really excited for this, especially Pike.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- … ed-1175816

Michelle Yeoh is getting a 'Discovery' Spinoff.

I should probably be doing other things than making Disco image macros...

SPOILER Show
https://i.ibb.co/2PyhxTY/I-cans-eat-dis-right.jpg

Last edited by Regan (2019-02-12 11:23:09)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

And the title of the upcoming Picard show is...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

"Hey Google, how old is Patrick Stewart?"

"Patrick Stewart is 78 years old."

This could be an interesting show.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

One of those things that lives in my brain and has chosen now to leap out:
We need a detailed history of the Borg. How they were once just like us, how they became what they are. Jerry Ryan must star, obviously. Maybe she teaches at the academy, sometimes presenting uploaded collective memories she once held as part of their cloud. A whole 'nother take on Locutus. Probably a limited number of episodes to be had there, but with new ST coming I'm putting my marker down.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Im down for that. Mind im also down for the Nickleodeon animated kids show

Thumbs up Thumbs down