Topic: Evan Takes Pictures

Hi all,

I like taking pictures and my name is Evan. So I created a new website called evantakespictures.com.

I posted some of my photography a little while back, but that was on my main website and I was finding that it wasn't a great fit, so I split it off. The work is ok, but it's a place to put images as I learn and grow.

Check it out. Or don't. But please do.

Evan

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

Re: Evan Takes Pictures

I really like the one that one with a bend in the road with trees in the center.

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1) These are all fucking amazing. Fabulous work.

2) oh my god the fish/sunbeam shot

What do you shoot on? What's a cool trick you invented? Tell me things.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Loved most of them.
A bit irked that the background is white.

And you panorama shot has 3 obvious seams tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Loved most of them.

Hey look, Tom's back!

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thanks for the kind words, guys.

@Tomahawk - How dare you give me honest feedback on a discipline I aspire to be better at yet possess limited knowledge and experience in.

No but seriously, I'm not sure how I missed the stitch points because you're right, they are very obvious. Might be because I'm working on a laptop or MAYBE I'M JUST A TERRIBLE ARTIST AND WORTHLESS HUMAN BEING AND SHOULD JUST QUIT OH GOD. No idea. But good catch. I'll probably just take the image off altogether. There's not a lot of compositional value in it I don't think, stitch-points aside.

@Teague - Thanks much! I shoot on a Canon 6D, primarily with an EF 24-105mm f4 lens. I also occasionally use a DJI Osmo Pro, but not all the time. But there are a couple of shots in there that I used the Osmo for. I took the fish shot at the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport, so fortunately I didn't actually have to dive under the ocean to get that picture (though I think that would be freakin' sweet). I was able to stand in a glass tunnel.

Also, as far as getting the composition on that shot it was 1/4 design sense, 1/4 patience, 1/2 just snapping shots left and right until I had a decent one.

Last edited by Kibouchi (2017-09-29 22:13:43)

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good." - Han Solo, Terminator 2: With a Vengeance

Kibouchi wrote:

1/4 design sense, 1/4 patience, 1/2 snapping shots left and right until I had a decent one.

People should quote you on shirts.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Kibouchi: I dare because I can. Also, in a more comical sense, you're an avatar I don't know, and according to the latest rumours, I'm a sociopath, so hurting your feelings apparently mean nothing to me tongue

You're welcome though. I'd absolutely love the curvy road shot in a bigger resolution to use as a wallpaper  big_smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Loved most of them.

Hey look, Tom's back!

clap

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This one

SPOILER Show
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59c720ef12abd9f4e1f3379b/59c725599f8dcec995846366/59cd8d0664b05f72aa329240/1506723411955/IMG_3232-5.jpg?format=500w
utterly fucking terrifies me in the best possible way. I have a deep, deep fear (*rimshot*) of the open ocean, so the way the light just filters away into that black void is chilling. Fantastic piece.

Last edited by Abbie (2017-10-01 01:38:19)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thank you, sir! I too, am terrified of swimming in the deep. I'm fascinated by marine biology, to the point where I wanted to major in it at one point. I aspire to own a huge reef tank one day. I love going out on boats. But when asked why I haven't gotten my SCUBA cert yet? Because fuck that, that's why.