Re: The "Oh, you know the one...it had the thing!" thread

Oh, I'm sure this is it, but like I said my memory only links up with the linked episode once they're in the house eating pie. That I remember different scenes before that is the interesting part (my memory of a longer chase afterwards may have merged with the long chase before, which I had no memory of ^_^)

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I am actually hoping what you remember is not The Goodies as I want to see your version big_smile

Last edited by Jimmy B (2012-08-31 01:25:30)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This wasn't a good movie mind you, but it's been bugging me for years. It was about this group of siblings, each with ring that symbolized they were related. They fought crime and shit like that. Anyway, one of the siblings is a long lost brother and shows up and he's the fish out of water in the group. They end up having to find and rescue a kid who was chained to a pipe and given a sandwich full of dog food. I saw this shit ages ago when I was 7 and I have no idea why the memory remains.

It may have been a television series. I honestly don't know. What I do know is that it's driving me crazy on the IMDB plot keyword search.

Last edited by Ewing (2012-09-01 23:50:47)

Citizen Kane? 

Okay, maybe not - but based on that description, now I want to know wtf that was too.

Trey wrote:

Citizen Kane? 

Okay, maybe not - but based on that description, now I want to know wtf that was too.

After narrowing down the plot keyword to just "kidnapping", I finally found the fucking thing.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110992/

Yeah, David Hasseholff, Cheech Marin and John Rhys-Davies and some how none of their faces stuck with me. I had no idea it was a Three Musketeers update.

UPDATE: It's on Netflix Instant.

Last edited by Ewing (2012-09-02 07:35:51)

I'm more amazed by the fact that Owen Ward watched 'Collateral', and fucking TOM CRUISE didn't give it away.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ewing wrote:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110992/

Yeah, David Hasseholff, Cheech Marin and John Rhys-Davies and some how none of their faces stuck with me. I had no idea it was a Three Musketeers update.

UPDATE: It's on Netflix Instant.

Holy Christ on the crapper, how does something like that get MADE?! How do you pull together a solid B-list cast and then throw in one random German guy? And you allow the Pee-Wee's Playhouse writer/actor to direct?

Wait.... I sort of get it now. After searching YouTube for clips, I came across mostly German dubs. So clearly this was made with mainly the German market in mind to cash in on Hoff's big German fan base. Hence the seemingly random German actor. Still.... Gott im Himmel.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

Bump for funsies.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Didn't realize there was a thread for this, so I'll repeat this request I made in passing ages ago in another thread:

I have this really hazy memory of a near-future sci-fi...police show I think it was...from like the early-mid 90's maybe.  It was on TV -- might have been a short-lived series or a movie-of-the-week failed pilot.  Don't think it was a feature film.

All I remember about it is that there's a running sub-plot about how everybody's trying to get tickets for 'the concert'.  It's this big deal, and they never really let on what it is until the end, when somebody finally says something to the effect of "Man, I wish The Who would have a 'farewell tour' and actually mean it".  I remember just about falling off the couch laughing, since they'd been doing farewell tours since like 1982.

Ring any bells with anybody?  Googling is getting me absolutely nowhere.

For the next hour, everything in this post is strictly based on the available facts.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I want so badly to help you, and cannot.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It rings a bell, but I was born in 86, so the nineties are just a lens blur set at 500.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There was a teen style science fiction show, some kind of mix between Mech Warrior and Star Trek with teens. Each mech had its own color style, with Red, Yellow and Green being the colors. Pretty sure the lead was a white male with black hair, with a black male and Asian female co-stars.

There is a scene where they find an alien goat, and an alien creature they meet says, after they lost it," That's too bad. Roasted thing is delicious."

It's driving me nut because I'm certain it was real but I don't think it made it past two episodes. Bear in mind, this was about 15 or 20 years ago, so I don't know if anyone remembers it, since I have an extremely weird ability to remember obscure details.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The only teen-focused sci-fi show with three characters instead of five is VR Troopers, but that's not with mechs, sorry.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Space Cases came to mind for me, but that lasted longer and had more than three people.

(Baby Kaylee was on that show, if I'm not mistaken.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yep.

http://www.spacecasestv.com/images/cat.jpg

http://68.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnu5ijegnq1qzs4qs.jpg

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Boter wrote:

The only teen-focused sci-fi show with three characters instead of five is VR Troopers, but that's not with mechs, sorry.

Oh, I remember that one, with its "amazing" effects. I was young, ok?

Also, "Big Bad Beetle Borgs." Any one remember that? It's ok if you don't, trust me.

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Oh god, I've got a Beetleborgs story. When I was six or so, I started a new school and for some bizarre reason claimed that I was the green Beetleborg. Obviously, the other kids didn't believe me - so to prove that I wasn't the green Beetleborg, they got me to have a race with the fastest kid in the year (the green one had super speed).

I lost.

Badly.

That is my Beetleborgs story.

(I'm back, bitches)

Last edited by Owen_Ward (2017-09-30 16:40:17)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Queefward wrote:

Oh god, I've got a Beetleborgs story. When I was six or so, I started a new school and for some bizarre reason claimed that I was the green Beetleborg. Obviously, the other kids didn't believe me - so to prove that I wasn't the green Beetleborg, they got me to have a race with the fastest kid in the year (the green one had super speed).

I lost.

Badly.

That is my Beetleborgs story.

(I'm back, bitches)

So, which Bettleborg did you end up as?

Also, welcome back.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Those look like a fusion between Teletubbies and Power Rangers.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Thumbs up Thumbs down