Re: Cool vids...again.

I thought this was well made and pretty.  I know Undertale is at that point where people who aren't into it roll their eyes, but I think this works as its own strange little thing. I'm not really feeling my best right now and this has kinda inspired me to get some help soon.

And for something not serious:

(courtesy of r/youtubehaiku)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's funny — he's actually slightly more convincing in this video than he is in the movie, 'cuz in the movie the lip sync was just as close as Oz could get, but in this they can artificially match the lip movements to whatever word makes the most sense, and the effect is a little too-real in places. Fun.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

It's been a long time since I sat through a 10+ minute short film that made me sit here like a stupid little kid with a grin on his face.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Nicolas Cage reads "The Tell-Tale Heart" to a live audience. The last forty seconds are god-tier.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

thoughts Teague?

edit:
ya know with the incredibly awesome Samurai Jack return and this.. I hope we get the Kids Next Door revival. I live off of these cartoons.

Last edited by MadBadCoyote (2017-04-05 14:53:38)

Protection and power are overrated. I think you are very wise to choose happiness and love. -Uncle Iroh

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Squiggly_P wrote:

We need more new things and less old things.

I would agree if cartoon network didn't suck (imo) right now (besides Steven Universe, maybeeee Young Justice. whenever that comes back)

I wish they had picked up Infinity Train :(

Last edited by MadBadCoyote (2017-04-05 16:09:20)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I liked Invader Zim.

That's about as far as I get with it at this point.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I heard talkt hat SyFy wants to turn that around and actually be, you know, good again. Worth seeing if they actually follow through but an admission on the part of the head of the company that they've lost what they're about was at least refreshing to hear.

Too cynical for hope, but paying attention at least. In the meantime, um,there's always YouTube.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

A new Star Trek Continues episode.

It still amazes me how well this show is able to recreate the feel of ST-TOS. The stories these guys come up with could've actually been a part of the original series.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Holy shit, this is still happening? I worked on one of these a million years ago, had no idea they just kept goin' with it. Nice group of folks.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Holy shit, this is still happening?

Yup. Unlike Axanar, they weren't sued. Let's keep our fingers crossed, they're doing great work.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Last edited by fireproof78 (2017-09-22 16:07:53)

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Just discovered that this instrument exists, and I am in love.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Holy cow the opening of that last one. Damn that thing is cool.

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Seconded.

I love the pull-y 'oooooowweeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!' cartoon sound thing.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This was invented by someone who was asked "What instrument do you want to learn?" and they replied "All of them, at once."

God loves you!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Organs come pretty close, too. Jump to 00:20. (Right-arrow four times.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This guy was asked the same question but had a different answer.

fireproof78 wrote:

"What instrument do you want to learn?" and they replied "All of them, at once............

.......using Marbles!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

The Wintergatan channel is worth giving a watch.

Last edited by Regan (2017-10-14 05:03:11)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah Wintergarten's stuff is great. After finding that original one the other night I went on a bit of a tear through player instruments. I love things that are just built out of pure human ingenuity and will. Like...I want a thing that'll play 6 violins for me automatically, or an accordion or a frickin banjo or insert instrument here....

I love these things so hard.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Teague wrote:

Organs come pretty close, too. Jump to 00:20. (Right-arrow four times.)

HOLY HELL. This sounds EXACTLY like the MIDI versions of the theme on old Star Wars games.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Not technically a video, but eh, whatever. I could listen to this man talk for days.

https://soundcloud.com/thewallbreakers/ … s/trailers

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Just finished the first volume of Simon Callow's biography of him, and my favorite thing about this is that it's almost definitely bullshit. Orson hadn't prepared for the broadcast at all beforehand and the writer of the script, Howard Koch, had chosen the news-bulletin format because he couldn't find any other way to adapt the novel that wasn't desperately boring. Everyone at the Mercury, Orson included, was appalled when they heard they'd been taken seriously, but Orson just folded it right into his personal legend once everything blew over. Fakes on top of fakes—little wonder F for Fake is probably his best film besides Kane.

Last edited by Abbie (2018-10-05 14:49:30)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down