Re: Dawn of the Dead 2004

Aye, but are they zombies who are nazis? Or just zombies of nazis?

ZangrethorDigital.ca

They are dead, infected nazis.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My only experience with zombie nazis is a horrible Italian movie. At the moment I don't consider them a plus in a film smile

I write stories! With words!
http://www.asstr.org/~Invid_Fan/

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shifty Bench wrote:

I like that Night of the Creeps is on that poster too. I just bought the Blu Ray, had to import it as it isn't available in the UK sad

I LOVE that film! So much so, that I went to the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin to see a special screening of the film and participate in a Q&A session with cast and crew afterward. You can listen to that here: http://www.sofadogs.libsyn.com/-160-q-a … the-creeps (I'm the guy who asks about the George Clooney rumor).

I'm also on the DVD/Blu-ray for Night of the Creeps. In the Special Features, check out the retrospective documentary. At the beginning of the last segment, they show footage of the audience. I'm pretty much front and center of the shot. I'm wearing glasses and a blue shirt. You can't miss me. You could even say I'm "Down In Front." Eh? Eh? See what I did there? smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

James Gunn wrote the screenplay, could you guys do Slither at some point? smile

I hope I'm not the only one who sees that Death Proof is far superior to Planet Terror. tongue

I love this remake, much more than the original, though I do like the original.

Last edited by Mr. Pointy (2011-02-11 08:21:50)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Mr. Pointy wrote:

I hope I'm not the only one who sees that Death Proof is far superior to Planet Terror. tongue

DEATH PROOF is a boring pile of shit with an awesome car chase at the end. PLANET TERROR is an entertaining pile of shit that's about the same level of mediocrity the whole way through. If we're going by their respective high points, DP wins. But, between the two, I'd be far more likely to watch the entirety of PLANET TERROR than the entirety of DEATH PROOF, which I would argue makes PT a superior movie.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love dialogue. Tarantino wins smile

Tarantino really tried to redefine the Grindhouse genre, and IMHO, did. Rodriguez just copied it, well, but just copied it.

Zombieland is really good btw (not responding to you Dorkman).

PS
I'm an atheist ex-smoker, but if shit went down and the zombies came. I'd probably light it up again. Does that count?

Last edited by Mr. Pointy (2011-02-11 08:59:17)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Saw Dawn of the Dead 2004 last night for the first time, to prepare for Snyder's Army of the Dead this week. To my delight, I discovered DiF had done a commentary on it which I missed so it was a treat to hear the old gang from a decade ago. Thanks so much for keeping these gems online after all this time! Cheers everyone.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down