Topic: Do you play musical instruments? For fun? For other reasons?

My parents bought me an old piano when I was five and hired a lady to come to our house to teach me to play it.   I've been playing ever since, and I've picked up guitar, bass, and drums along the way.

Do you make music with music machines?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: Do you play musical instruments? For fun? For other reasons?

Played piano for eight years; college meant I had to pack it up but I still noodle around for fun. Right now I'm trying to learn the harmonica.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Played clarinet for 2 years in elementary school. Yikes.
I mess around on the guitar very occasionally.
Mostly, I play piano. My godmother is a piano teacher, so I took lessons from age 6-11. Did three Royal Conservatory exams. I still play, mostly to learn film suites or compose songs.
I also sing. (Though I would definitely never share my songs on the internet or anything.)
If I ever get back to making YouTube videos or writing interactive fiction, I'd like to compose some original music for those projects...

Last edited by LatinAlice (2018-09-29 07:18:58)

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

I dabble a bit. My mom for my 9th birthday bought me a super cheapo acoustic guitar and bet me that I wouldn't stick it for a month. Well, I'm 34 now mom. I guess I won the bet. tongue But I've dabbled with a bunch of instruments over the years; guitar, cello, violin, trumpet, piano, drums etc. None that I would say I've mastered but I sure can play a mean kazoo tongue.
I gigged around the local pubs and festivals in my earlier years as a pop band...
https://image.ibb.co/j5OHnU/Fred_street_fest.jpg
(I'm the dude on the right next to the unfortunately placed 'junkie' graphiti. The photo came from a gig I did for the millenium). But nower days, if my guitar gets picked up, it's 'cos I'm bored and is mainly left to collect dust. I've made a fair ammount of quick silly songs to amuse myself or friends but nothing worth shouting about. Nower days, it seems I just make songs to make Faldor titter.

Last edited by Regan (2018-09-29 08:56:47)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm a vocalist in a band called fold decay. Does playing vocal chords count?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Played trombone in elementary and middle school, now all I play is air guitar and steering wheel percussion. I'd like to take up an instrument but don't want to drop time from other hobbies I've got going in order to do so.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I just finished building this beauty. Now I just need to learn to play it. So far I've learned two whole chords.
https://i.imgur.com/rtd03sD.jpg

"ShadowDuelist is a god."
        -Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

1) You're like four chords behind me.

2) [homer-simpson-salivate.gif]

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Three minutes of inspiration on Rory Gallagher's strat (start from about 4m:50s)...

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down