Re: So... a thing happened.

Aw, heal ye-ah.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Feels like I should just download everything, keep it on my pc, two external drives, and cloud-based backups just in case this happens again.

Man, and to think Extended Edition went with domain.com.... tongue

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you. I never realized how meaningful it is to have the old episodes to listen to (especially the ones with Mike, truth be told) when none of the new episodes of my 60+ current podcasts interest me till they weren't there. I seriously had anxiety that I might have lost them forever.

I'm definitely going to systematically download them all now just in case smile.

Thanks for the countless hours of enjoyment you all have given me, and hope someday you all can get back together for at least a one-off, or better yet a limited series. Cheers!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

calling bootleggers, weren't there rumours of a Peter Jackson's KING KONG commentary, as well as BENJAMIN BUTTON, that were recorded but lost...? Perhaps the NSA has backups, Snowden if you're listening...

Last edited by avatar (2018-10-04 11:46:06)

not long to go now...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

We did record a Benjamin Button commentary, but it's lost to time. I don't recall whether or not we actually did a King Kong commentary (possible), but I'm quite sure that file doesn't exist anywhere I know about, in any case.

I didn't find The Green Mile — I looked — but it may be hiding and turn up down the road. Not too likely, but.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yikes, I pity you guys trying to record all three hours of Button.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Ooh this is fun. We get the old episodes back and some lost files? I dig it.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Our scouts have located the hidden Down in Front servers in a highly secure bunker... marked here in red. DarthPraxus you get fly the team over the target area at 0800 hours, and await my signal. drewjmore you disable the power generators which will kick in the back-up supply. During the changeover, Tomahawk will have just 8 seconds to intercept the security camera feed and knock out the laser field. Then LatinAlice will rappel in during the guard change and access the server while rockpapernukeitfromorbit relays the data to the manual upload port here. Extraction will commence with or without you at 0847 hours. I want this operation done by the numbers. Good luck gentlemen.

not long to go now...

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

<leroy jenkins reference>

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Thanks so much for getting the audio back up and running so quickly! It's appreciated.

(I LIVE)
Glad to see everything is back up! I was worried when I checked it the other day at work and it was down sad

6 years later and I still listen to you guys while I'm designing rides n junk <3

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

Feels like I should just download everything, keep it on my pc, two external drives, and cloud-based backups just in case this happens again.

Man, and to think Extended Edition went with domain.com.... tongue

I approve this message.

Seriously, guys, thank you for all your hard work and keeping us connected. It's small thing but makes a huge difference.

God loves you!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So the site died and is back again...yay! Now I'm trying to download and archive all the podcasts. I have some questions:
1.) Why were the two unreleased podcasts (New Moon and Zombieland) unreleased? And when were they actually recorded and/or planned to be released?
2.) Is there any sort of internal numbering list for episode numbers? I ask because I'm trying to number all the episodes as I download them, but it seems there's no way to be sure what counts as a numbered episode and what doesn't. For example the "Changes to Come" 2 minute announcement (that "DIF" could no longer be used as a name) actually has metadata that labels it as the 178th episode. I wouldn't have numbered it as an episode myself, but that makes me wonder if the "Third Anniversary Announcement" also counts as an episode or if "The Potter Announcement" counts as an episode?. If Malariathon 1 is supposed to be episode 200, then all three of these "announcement" podcasts cannot be numbered episodes.

I'm probably being too pedantic, but any insight would be appreciated and helpful as I try to properly label everything I download.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

As far as downloading all the podcasts, convenient Google Drive folder!

There's a plan for a listener-created archive with proper cataloging and everything to go live, though it's hypothetical for now.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Thank you, that does come in handy if the site goes down again. I can probably help with the cataloguing at some point as I've been spending a lot of time figuring out episode numbers (fun fact: the original Sorcerer's Stone commentary is counted internally as episode 118).

Thumbs up Thumbs down