Re: Doctor Who is awesome, yeah?

Gandalf Doctor, love it.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

OK, the second episode was a little better than the first one, but it was also suspiciously similar to a certain sci-fi movie

SPOILER Show
(Pitch Black)

in some respects. I hope it's not a trend - that sort of thing killed Sliders in Season 3.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, usually Doctor Who tends to mix it up, so I wouldn't worry about it being a trend.

As for the new series; I find it sort of boring, compared to other series openers, but I wouldn't call it bad in any way. First episode reminded me a lot of Tennant's tenure, and the second one was very Capaldi-like. "what's going on here? I don't care much about the death aspect, I need to figure out what happened".

And I like it.

Still waiting for posts in that thread that go "You know what? This was simply great. Nothing to add here."

Until then I still don't see how I can find the incentive to pick it up again. This show has slowly developed a standard of mediocrity.

Mom, I've become cynical!

Sébastien Fraud
Facebook | 500px Gallery | Instagram

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

Still waiting for posts in that thread that go "You know what? This was simply great. Nothing to add here."

I'm fairly certain that's a this forum thing. I'm not saying we're all a bunch of cynical assholes (yes I am), but basically everyone else I know is fucking /LOVING/ the new Doctor.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

http://i.imgur.com/Ua3NI50.jpg

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down