Re: Doctor Who is awesome, yeah?

Gandalf Doctor, love it.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

OK, the second episode was a little better than the first one, but it was also suspiciously similar to a certain sci-fi movie

SPOILER Show
(Pitch Black)

in some respects. I hope it's not a trend - that sort of thing killed Sliders in Season 3.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well, usually Doctor Who tends to mix it up, so I wouldn't worry about it being a trend.

As for the new series; I find it sort of boring, compared to other series openers, but I wouldn't call it bad in any way. First episode reminded me a lot of Tennant's tenure, and the second one was very Capaldi-like. "what's going on here? I don't care much about the death aspect, I need to figure out what happened".

And I like it.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Still waiting for posts in that thread that go "You know what? This was simply great. Nothing to add here."

Until then I still don't see how I can find the incentive to pick it up again. This show has slowly developed a standard of mediocrity.

Mom, I've become cynical!

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Saniss wrote:

Still waiting for posts in that thread that go "You know what? This was simply great. Nothing to add here."

I'm fairly certain that's a this forum thing. I'm not saying we're all a bunch of cynical assholes (yes I am), but basically everyone else I know is fucking /LOVING/ the new Doctor.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

http://i.imgur.com/Ua3NI50.jpg

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I never thought it would happen, but I'm hearing The Ninth Doctor's voice again.

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING!

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

About time! (lay off the pun)

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My Doctor. My very first Doctor. :')
I have so many feels.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Today is the day!

I've only had the chance to listen to the first ten minutes on the way home from work, but I had the biggest grin on my face (behind my mask) hearing his voice again. He seems to be going for a lighter, more fun-loving take on The Doctor, which is a really nice surprise! I can see them taking his story in a darker direction down the line, leading to the Nine we all know from 'Rose' onwards.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

They definitely went all-out on the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff for Ravagers tongue Such a delight!

The Doctor has previously made the journey from fun-loving to more serious across a regeneration — that was the case for Seven and Eight for sure (I particularly enjoyed getting to hear these various sides of the Eighth Doctor in the audio story Caerdroia). It was wonderful to hear Chris having such fun, and I can also see them leading his Doctor to darker places in future stories.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website