Re: Cool vids...again.

Thanks for that tidbit, very interesting.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm probably the last person to know this exists but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck this is dark.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

When the cartoon network does a halloween scooby-doo advert...

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

While the preview has nothing to do with the video, it's a pretty awesome 30 minute piece on how things work in the ISS, how the crew lives, and such.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Fuck yeah — great find, thanks.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

There is something so intensely satisfying about watching idiots peel the tops of their trucks open like tin cans over and over and over.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I love 11foot8. It's like the most stoic passive-aggressive behavior of all time.

"Turn back. Don't do it. Seriously, don't. ... You did it. Good job. Hope you're happy."

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

My primary response is 'myriad thoughts about infrastructure,' but I'll keep that one to myself and opt for 'lol.'

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yep. I had to click the annotation to see what was on fire...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess my initial response is why the hell did they make cars that obviously don't go under most overpasses?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Tomahawk wrote:

I guess my initial response is why the hell did they make cars that obviously don't go under most overpasses?

Oh, it's not most. It's hilarious because this one overpass is like 100 years old and a lot lower than minimum guidelines would allow these days, but it's too expensive to change the road, so they just put the signs up and tell trucks not to go under it. But it's still tall enough that a lot of people ignore the signs and think they can make it through with their smaller trucks, or just ignore the signs and go through anyways.

There's a whole website about that one overpass: http://11foot8.com/faq/

EDIT: I think the standard height for modern overpass's is 17 feet according to the google machine.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Uh oh. I've started to notice low bridge videos in my Youtube recommended videos feed. I hope this isn't another 'Cars with Ship Horns Vs Ship with Horn' debacle.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't know, I mean... If I were driving a truck, my number one concern would probably be if it fits bridges I pass. Aren't the drivers simply a bit careless and/or drunk and/or dumb?

PS: I still feel genuine empathy for the following minutes when the driver has to get out of their truck and witness their error in front of everyone around. Makes me wince.

Last edited by Saniss (2018-10-18 13:38:23)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Many of the trucks are rentals - people who are not used to having to check, then rent a Uhaul to move to anothert house or something.

Many others are just stubborn, or not paying attention. Standard tractor trailer height is 13'6", so low bridges might be marked for 14', 13', 12'6". Someone who's 12" and fits places a full tractor trailer can't won't pay attention to the numbers.

They SHOULD pay attention to the multiple signs and FLASHING LIGHTS at that intersection that turn on when you're overheight, but still. That's when you look at general idiocy, and the fact that it's a high traffic area so even one out of, eh, a thousand is plenty of content.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

All of the Enterprise trucks you see in the video are rented by the day.

https://blog.upack.com/sites/default/files/img/blog/enterprise-truck-rental.png

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The shot at :23 is FUCKING GORGEOUS and UTTERLY. TERRIFYING.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Nothing like firing two fire extinguishers directly into your audience in the name of science.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

I just love watching Moose being unstoppable forces of pure muscle.

EDIT: Apparently neither [ img ] or [ video ] works with mp4 gifs... soooo link... https://i.imgur.com/KBc4l7A.mp4

ZangrethorDigital.ca

This video is an older one but I think about it quite often.

There are trains with plows to clear tracks that are awe-inspiring in their power. But the only reason we have them is that a moose can't be bothered to clear tracks for us (and in fact considers such paths to be optional in the first place).

Oh yeah, the video was just so this technically qualified to post in the Cool Videos thread since I couldn't be bothered to find the photos thread tongue

The snow plow one is my go-to for anyone that's like "A moose is just like a big deer right? Big woop."

But watching a Moose just run through a couple feet of water like it's nothing is also a new solid contender.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Yeah, definitely. I was firmly in "moose is big deer" camp until I saw that video.

I have, I believe, never seen a moose in person.

Yet.

Boter wrote:

I have, I believe, never seen a moose in person.

Yet.

Well, I am 6' 4", and I have to look up to look a moose in the eyes... so you know, adjust accordingly and you'll have an idea.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Yup. I too have been underestimating our moose overlords...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I love how they cuss in English. (1:49.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen_Ward wrote:

Yup. I too have been underestimating our moose overlords...

Moose are one of the few animals I've ever been in the presence of that legitimately feel prehistoric; in that everything back then was just a little bit too big and a little too strong and was just that much deadlier than their descendants. Moose are just pure muscle and fuck-you-up-itude.

I love them so much.

From a very very safe distance.

ZangrethorDigital.ca