Re: Cool vids...again.

Yep. I had to click the annotation to see what was on fire...

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I guess my initial response is why the hell did they make cars that obviously don't go under most overpasses?

Tomahawk Ellingsen

www.extendededition.net

Tomahawk wrote:

I guess my initial response is why the hell did they make cars that obviously don't go under most overpasses?

Oh, it's not most. It's hilarious because this one overpass is like 100 years old and a lot lower than minimum guidelines would allow these days, but it's too expensive to change the road, so they just put the signs up and tell trucks not to go under it. But it's still tall enough that a lot of people ignore the signs and think they can make it through with their smaller trucks, or just ignore the signs and go through anyways.

There's a whole website about that one overpass: http://11foot8.com/faq/

EDIT: I think the standard height for modern overpass's is 17 feet according to the google machine.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Uh oh. I've started to notice low bridge videos in my Youtube recommended videos feed. I hope this isn't another 'Cars with Ship Horns Vs Ship with Horn' debacle.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I don't know, I mean... If I were driving a truck, my number one concern would probably be if it fits bridges I pass. Aren't the drivers simply a bit careless and/or drunk and/or dumb?

PS: I still feel genuine empathy for the following minutes when the driver has to get out of their truck and witness their error in front of everyone around. Makes me wince.

Last edited by Saniss (2018-10-18 13:38:23)

Sébastien Fraud
Facebook | Twitter | 500px
"We're gonna build a great green screen, and make the traditional matte painters pay for it"
Saniss for President 2016 - "Make VFX great again"

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Many of the trucks are rentals - people who are not used to having to check, then rent a Uhaul to move to anothert house or something.

Many others are just stubborn, or not paying attention. Standard tractor trailer height is 13'6", so low bridges might be marked for 14', 13', 12'6". Someone who's 12" and fits places a full tractor trailer can't won't pay attention to the numbers.

They SHOULD pay attention to the multiple signs and FLASHING LIGHTS at that intersection that turn on when you're overheight, but still. That's when you look at general idiocy, and the fact that it's a high traffic area so even one out of, eh, a thousand is plenty of content.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

All of the Enterprise trucks you see in the video are rented by the day.

https://blog.upack.com/sites/default/files/img/blog/enterprise-truck-rental.png

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

The shot at :23 is FUCKING GORGEOUS and UTTERLY. TERRIFYING.

ZangrethorDigital.ca