Test

Re: Writhyn's Hyacinth correspondence

Test

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Here's the correspondence, would appreciate advice:

Message from the guy:
"Hi David My name is Gareth Severn and I am a radio Presenter and voice over actor based in Cyprus. I have recently come across Hyacinth.
I wanted to ask two things really. Firstly, I am a radio presenter on a station called Ex-pat Radio that broadcasts throughout the world online and my show currently gets around 60'000 listeners on a Tuesday prime slot. I have been looking to air a sci fi drama and would love it if you would kindly give me permission to broadcast your show. If so it would also be amazing if you could voice me an introductory segment introducing yourself and the project Hyacinth.
Secondly I am also a voice over actor and if you ever have any other projects that need a cast please consider me as it would be awesome to be involved. Let me know as would love to get the first episode up on the show next week  Have a great New Year!"

My response:
"Hello! Wow, this sounds awesome! I have a number of questions, but generally, I'm completely willing! Thanks for the opportunity.

Questions:
1) How will the episodes be presented? They're all slightly different lengths, so I'm curious if there would be any editing on your end? Will they be played from start to finish, or will there be breaks?

2) I'm assuming my compensation for this would be the exposure only, which I'm ok with. But since you're the presenter, do you have any suggestions for how I might re-record the info at the end of the episodes to maximise the chances of your listeners checking out my website, leaving reviews, or even donating a little?

3) Speaking of recording, what sort of things would you like me to record for the introduction? I wrote, directed, edited, composed music, and produced the series (all firsts for me), so I could say a lot about the process. Especially if some of your listeners aren't regular listeners of sci-fi audiodrama. How much of an intro are you looking for?

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm completely new to all this. Thanks for reaching out to me! I'm glad you enjoyed the show!"

I looked up the website for the guy and he's on there. Seems pretty legit.

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Hm. It sounds pretty cool, to me. I think you asked the right questions.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything I'd be especially worried about.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down