Topic: My Predictions For 2019

January
Owen finally catches the last Pokemon is later found weeping in a Liverpool boozer because there are no worlds left to conquer.

February
Blade Runner happens.

March
Teague makes his triumphant return to podcasting with one of those trendy true crime podcasts devoted to drunk crimes. Beerial is a huge hit.

April
Abbie appointed film critic for the Chicago Sun Tribune and receives a written apology from Marvel and a bouquet from DC.

May
A snap election is called in London after months of political gridlock. Regan is rushed to power as leader of the “Calm Down Dear” Party. They win a majority of 95 seats on a platform of “Let's just not”.
The first northern Prime Minister since Harold Wilson. The Regan Administration is considered a breath of fresh air.

July
Saniss puts himself forward to lead Frances 2025 Moonshot. Declaring “Je vais ramener tout ce fromage à la Maison!”

August
Withryn becomes convinced a super intelligent asteroid, angered by the last episode of The Sopranos is about to hit the earth.

September
Jimmy B is commissioned to produce a tv pilot and is paralyzed with self doubt when he realises it would be a good episode of his podcast if it fails.

October
Tomahawk endures the second Norwegian Butter Crisis.

December
Zarban continues to enjoy his retirement.

Last edited by Faldor (2019-01-01 13:47:14)

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

Re: My Predictions For 2019

September sounds about right.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Bring on May, I say.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Looks like 2019 is going to be a busy year!

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

Well played! wink

But also, guys it's only a matter of time!!! I swear!

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

An apology isn't enough, I want reparations. tongue

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Ooh some gaps to fill.

June: BigDamnArtist's computer crashes, falls through his desk, and collapses in on itself. It reemerges from its pocket diomension two days later with the source code for a hitherto-unknown game. He releases it and he becomes the next Notch, his game the next Minecraft; attaining all of the success he deserves through no agency of his own.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Faldor wrote:

January
Owen finally catches the last Pokemon is later found weeping in a Liverpool boozer because there are no worlds left to conquer.

https://i.imgur.com/LpgWDqw.jpg

That actually happened last week, I'm afraid.

Sod it, I'll do my own predictions too!

January

After getting rather drunk, Faldor stripped down and stood bollock naked atop the Eiffel Tower, screaming 'VA TE FAIRE CUIRE LE CUL!' at passersby. He was swiftly kicked out of France and returned to Bristol.

February

Trey wins the Best Picture Oscar for a movie he directed under a pseudonym. To keep his identity under wraps, the Oscar is accepted by a puppet.

March

The UK leaves the EU with no deal. This opens the doors to better relations with Canada, enabling free movement between the two nations. To take advantage of this, BDA brings over all the British forumers and sets them to work as roto monkeys. BDA finally completes Innervate.

April

Abbie's publishing company employs a third person. After finding out they both really like The Phantom Thread, productivity plummets. Another person is brought in to help bring it back up, but they also really like The Phantom Thread too. Eventually they all decide to just rebrand themselves as a Phantom Thread fan club that publishes a fortnightly fanzine.

May

France wins the Eurovision Song Contest with a power ballad by our very own Saniss. After winning, he went on to release a topless calendar, which went on to become the best selling item on Amazon.fr for three months.

June

Tomahawk wins big in the Norwegian Lottery. He uses his winnings to attempt to make Norwegian Brown Cheese and international sensation. It fails. Turns out 'Move aside Cheddar, get down to Brown Town!' is not that great of a slogan.

July

Zarban becomes President of the United States. Nobody knows how it happened. Overnight, Trump was gone and Zarban was in his place. Nobody questions it.

August

Jimmy B was arrested after breaking in to the BBC Archives, looking for unaired TV pilots. A subsequent raid on his home found a hoard of stolen tapes, scripts and props from unproduced, unfinished and unaired productions. In an act of defiance, he leaked it all online. He got a harsher sentence, but we all got to read the scripts for Firefly Season 2 - so swings and roundabouts really.

September

Netflix commissions an adaptation of 'The Hyacinth Disaster'. It is released to critical acclaim and we're all super proud of Writhyn. He goes on to become a Hollywood bigwig, but he's one of the good ones y'know?

October

Regan releases 'Regan's Ray Guns: Tomorrows weapons, yesterdays prices - TODAY!'. Despite making sci-fi technology a reality, he forgot to patent it and ended up seeing no financial gain from this venture.

November

Boter discovers a new type of insect in his garage. It is officially named 'The Boter Bug'.

December

With the release of Episode IX, online toxicity reaches a fever pitch. Holden decides to nuke the servers from orbit - it's the only way to be sure. Teague then goes completely off the grid, changes his identity and starts a new life putting up shelves.

Last edited by Owen_Ward (2019-01-02 16:02:29)

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

You may call me Uncle Scratchy.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Periplaneta boteria proves to be remarkably adept at pattern recognition. Once a member of of a colony is trained on a particular outline of an item in two dimensional space, it is able to train the rest of a colony to continue to trace along it. In this manner, the Boter Bug puts rotoscope artists out of business within weeks (and BDA completes Innervate 2: Electric Bugaloo).

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

Owen, your August prediction is fine because a month after, I get to make my own pilot anyway, so I only get locked up for about a fortnight. Result.

Also, how fucking awesome would it be if I did find all those lost pilots and scripts, holy shit.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Frankly I'm just fascinated why Firefly S2 wound up in the BBC archives.

Owen_Ward wrote:

March

The UK leaves the EU with no deal. This opens the doors to better relations with Canada, enabling free movement between the two nations. To take advantage of this, BDA brings over all the British forumers and sets them to work as roto monkeys. BDA finally completes Innervate.

Honestly, this is probably way too accurate.

ZangrethorDigital.ca

The Firefly scripts are from a prior, more successful raid.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I do raid quite a few places, mostly get stuff imported so I'm not doing all the dirty work myself.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

TIL Jimmy is basically the man in Panama Hat.

https://media.giphy.com/media/11JbaLzOXsg6Fq/giphy.gif

ZangrethorDigital.ca

Ha.Although, I'd share the wealth. I'm just amused that the Scouser is trying to paint someone else as the criminal, to be honest.

Last edited by Jimmy B (2019-01-03 00:23:25)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EcstaticSlimyJuliabutterfly-size_restricted.gif

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ead62df6f7edcc39ff327515235b9c3c/tenor.gif?itemid=7328594

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://media1.tenor.com/images/69e04d86021de983d9cf108c31060267/tenor.gif

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://media.giphy.com/media/jbim0YqG99rOXQ2DfC/giphy.gif

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Shit, I can't find a "Owen replied to me with a gif of a sketch about Liverpudlians so I replied to him with one of a Scottish sit-com for a laugh" gif anywhere!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://i.giphy.com/media/FNJjBAaz0mOAg/giphy.webp

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://img.gifglobe.com/grabs/peepshow/S04E01/gif/omxARDYPOBSD.gif

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen_Ward wrote:

February

Trey wins the Best Picture Oscar for a movie he directed under a pseudonym. To keep his identity under wraps, the Oscar is accepted by a puppet.

NOT YET OWEN SHHH

Trey wrote:
Owen_Ward wrote:

February

NOT YET OWEN SHHH

Korey Stets.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down