Topic: Trey's making another thing

So I've started a new crowdfund project - it's the story of another female pilot, except this time it's true!

It was a weird career choice for a Nashville debutante in the late 1930's, but my great-aunt Cornelia Fort became one of the first licensed female pilots in Tennessee, and then its very first female flight instructor. 

And then she took a gig as a flight instructor in Hawaii and on December 7th, 1941 she was in the air over Pearl Harbor... and the story just keeps on getting more interesting.  Cornelia survived that experience and went on to do lots more amazing shit, including being the first female American pilot to die in service when she was only 24 damn years old.

http://www.pinkfive.com/images/cf.jpg

For various reasons she's not much remembered today, and almost no physical evidence of her even exists.  She's mentioned in various documentaries (and even appears as a character in the Pearl Harbor movie Tora! Tora! Tora!), but there hasn't really been a documentary devoted specifically to her. 

So now I'm tryna make one. 
https://igg.me/at/corneliafort

This project's a lot simpler than Pink Five, and that's fully intentional.  It's mostly just me and some gear going on a road trip, in search of the few remaining places and things and people connected to my great-aunt.

So y'all know the drill - I would greatly appreciate your support, so please check out the site and pledge yerself a perk if you can afford one.

And if you can't, that's cool - but maybe you could get out there online and plug, plug, and plug some more?  That's what did the trick with the Pink Five funding - getting the word out there to people and groups I wouldn't have been able to reach by myself.

There's still a month to go, and we're 40% funded. So far so good, but gotta keep that ball rolling - so that link again is...

and now...  fly, my pretties!  FLY!

Re: Trey's making another thing

Dead broke but in for $5 and a signal boost, good sir. This sounds fascinating, best of luck!

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

athankyou sir!

by the way, for you Facebook users - Indiegogo tallies donations that originated from Facebook, including whose page the donor came from.

So, as a little side venture - whoever drives the most FB $$ to the campaign, I'm gifting that person an extra something.  Now get out there you winners, and win!

This sounds really cool! I'll definitely plug it and drop some cash in. This might be a silly question, but would you mind if I dropped a mention on the social media accounts for The Hyacinth Disaster?

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Trey's life is beyond anything a human mind can imagine.

I'm so glad to be your pimp.

[not actually his pimp]

Last edited by Saniss (2019-02-17 17:15:28)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

After Trey's died, someone is gonna go to clean out his apartment and stumble upon the entrance to the Batcave.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Writhyn wrote:

This sounds really cool! I'll definitely plug it and drop some cash in. This might be a silly question, but would you mind if I dropped a mention on the social media accounts for The Hyacinth Disaster?

You can do anything you like, said the Caterpillar.  Go for it!

Abbie wrote:

After Trey's died, someone is gonna go to clean out his apartment and stumble upon the entrance to the Batcave.

Or if anybody wants to come clean my apartment now, I'll just show them the entrance.

Update:  the campaign is at the 50/50 point...   50% through the funding phase and jussst about 50% funded! 

So, not a runaway hit, but not a dead duck either.  A perfectly average "Superstore" of a campaign so far.

And so anyone who's following this thread, this is a reminder/plea to juice your social mediaz again.  Post that link again, sell sell sell!

I think the funding from people I know has gone about as far as it's gonna go.  So here in the home stretch, it's all about getting the word out to people I don't know.  Which is most people!

Thanks in advance, or in retreat.

Final reminder - last week of the fundraiser!  We're not at our goal, but we're getting there.  Looks like this one's gonna be a grind all the way to the wire. 

Deadline is next Monday March 25, midnight Pacific time.

So - this is my last request for you to make with the tweets, FB posts, Insta-Grandma, MySpot, HorsePix, Lookamee, Swiper, KardasshioScope, ThudMuffin, Klompr, Krisper, Chomper, Needler... whatever you use to communicate with others.

Spread link, make happiness.  USA! USA!

<hurries off to make a Chomper account>

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Excellent. Now we just need someone to promote the link on Jumblefop, Catbox, and Whaaaaaaaat...

So for those that weren't following the saga minute by minute (and if not, why not?), we did make our funding goal plus a little extra by the deadline.  Which means we've now switched to "In Demand funding" - we can keep accepting donations as long as they keep coming in.  Whee!  So if you didn't have the disposable income to pledge for a dvd or whatev, you're welcome to check back when you do have a few extra $$ to waste.

In the meantime I'm planning the first shooting roadtrip, either a loop through Texas and Oklahoma, or through Colorado and Washington.  I'll be posting updates on the Indiegogo site of course, and if I'm feeling energetic I might do the same here. 

So thank you everyone for contributing to and/or plugging the crowdfund!  Excelsior or something!

Congratulations!

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down