Topic: Thread for Regan To Be Embarrassed About Later

Faldor: So FYI, Regan is in hospital with an abdominal abscess.

Having briefly Googled his thing, my understanding is that Regan is likely to survive... which means he'll return...

Which means he just found this thread and now he's reading it! Hi Regan! We were talking about you! See?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Re: Thread for Regan To Be Embarrassed About Later

(No, but seriously: Hang in there, bud — and let us know how it's goin.')

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Yeah, it's nothing to abscess over. No reason to be boweled over with concern. My gut tells me he'll be fine.

Witness me!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/43319557/get-well-soon-you-must.jpg

Last edited by MartyJ (2019-03-14 20:43:13)

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Get well soon! Otherwise there'll be no one to manage the IMDB 250 chart! tongue

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Coming to you live and pumped up on morphine from NHS hospital in England to say...this is sucking so hard!

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

If your hospital experience is anything like mine, tonight you'll be awoken by an old man getting in bed with you.

*sending over some e-grapes*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/littlebritain/images/digi/grapes.jpg

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Just a moment —

*holds finger to ear*

Regan wrote:

Coming to you live and pumped on morphine from NHS hospital in England to say...this is sucking so hard!

Our correspondent is live and alive at the scene of the hospital. We look forward to continued coverage as the crisis wears on.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Get well soon, dude.

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/console3.png

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

CT scan dye makes your nuts fizz. That is all.

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

A wide spectrum of problematic images has washed over me.

Last edited by drewjmore (2019-03-19 17:02:42)

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Regan wrote:

CT scan dye makes your nuts fizz. That is all.

Teague, put it somewhere in your safe locker for the best sentences this forum has spawned. I know you have one.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Day 8 of the NHS tour of painkillers - The TLDR: Crohns disease with a ruptured appendix causing an abscess that perforated my bowl is what they are saying. Now I have a drain in my gut and a liquid only diet. Ive poo pooed one option they put infront of me. Mainly cos id rather explore other options than cutting out a section of my bowl. Yes, I seem to be trapped in that Scrubs stereotype where the docs want to use medicine and surgeons want to cut me open. Lols

Thumbs up 0 Thumbs down

Yikes, that’s not a fun diagnosis. I have Ulcerative Colitis, which is related to Chron’s, so I know how bloody shitty it can be. Sounds like you’re having a much worse time with it than I’ve ever had though.

Definitely a good call to try exploring other options, but I would say to try and keep an open mind about the surgical option. I’ve been in remission through medication for almost five years now, but I can imagine it’s gonna get less effective as I get older and at some point I will probably have to get mine out.

One thing to note, you will likely be put on a course of steroids called Prednisone to quickly reduce the inflammation. It has different side effects for everyone, but one of the more common ones (and what I experienced the most) is constantly feeling hungry and unable to feel ‘full’. Find any of those places with a  ‘Man vs Food Challenge’ and trust me, you’ll be eating for free that day.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Owen_Ward wrote:

I know how bloody shitty it can be.

ಠ_ಠ

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Owen_Ward wrote:

Find any of those places with a  ‘Man vs Food Challenge’ and trust me, you’ll be eating for free that day.

Noted. Oh to be able to eat solid food again.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://i.ibb.co/gMDSQsy/IMG-20190321-191701-hdr.jpg

I am not a QR code!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Get well, lad.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I am being set free and released home for the weekend. I've sort of reached an impasse with the doctors. They want to chop out the perforated and bad bits of bowel but that means first diverting my gut and fitting an ileostomy (don't google what that is - it will ruin your day) but I'm refusing it; the ileostomy part. It's not always reversible and I wouldn't agree to one if it wasn't. They won't perform the surgery without first doing the ileostomy incase the cutting out of the broken bits of bowel and reconnecting it doesnt take and leaks. Leaving me in a worse position than I am in now. So, until I agree to it, theres not much I can do. They are keeping my bed and I'm allowed home for the weekend - stuck on a regimented diet of Modulen (a meal replacement sort of like soylent but for crohns disease sufferers) and water. With a drain attached to my stomach - draining the puss from the abscess - it's not like i can live it up with the weekend of freedom. It will be taking it easy with the cat.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

1) Thanks for the update.

2) Dude, this sucks. Particularly the 'rock-and-a-hard-place' stuff with the ileostomy. What a nightmare.

3) Had you had issues like this in the past? (In other words, did you have any idea about this being an issue?)

4) I'm so sorry to hear about all this.

5) Thanks for the update.

6) Cat.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I've not really had any issues like this, but then I'm of the mind that seeing a doctor is the last resort and must be at deaths door to do so. Ive had a bad stomach on/off for a while but nothing I couldn't tolerate or put down to something I ate. That must have been the crohns doing a number on me that started this whole thing. Yes, it was probably all preventable with the od visit to see a gp, but pig headed me doesn't need to see a doctor for i am not dying.  Turns out when I did eventually peel off to see one, i had sepsis and things were heading south fast. Such is life. I know the ileostomy is in my future and this is me just stavving it off for a while cos i hate the whole thing but *shrugs*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Dear diary, today the doctors said as long as everything looks good, and my weight begins to increase, then they will delay surgery to get enough distance from the sepsis I was suffering when I first went to hosp[ital. But, if my weight plateaus, or decreases, or stats look bad, they'll operate. I'm happy in this limbo period where nothing is happening. #NoIleostomy! Historically, my monitored weight has gone down - I lost 3 kilos last week alone. so surgery was looking inevitable. That is until... I got weighed yesterday and, I went from 54.3kgs to 54.9kgs. In your face, surgeons! No surgery today! Here's to delaying the inevitable!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Hooray! Delaying the inevitable!

But seriously: Hooray!

(Thanks for the update, btw. Don't mistake the lack of conversation for lack of interest.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Nah, mainly updating it so after I've gone to Winchester and waited for it all to blow over, I can look back at the thread and be embarrassed. tongue

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I may need to switch up my playlist tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down