Re: Thread for Regan To Be Embarrassed About Later

On #InternationalNursesDay, I thank them. I mean, it's an awful job - an awfully under paid NHS job! I thank them for basically keeping me sane never mind tending to me when I wasn't able to tend to myself. Bloody angels. All of them.

Hurroo

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Notably, many nurses will tell you that they decided to get into nursing after seeing how a dedicated nurse was integral to the recovery of a loved one of theirs. (re-reads sentence, lets it stand but continues)
You can see a lot of the best kind of pay-it-forward among medical professionals.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I understand that reasoning completely. As far as I don't think I could handle the nursing profession (I'm not made of the right stuff) - paying it forward is something I will always try and do. I used to be in a pop band and played many gigs for a local charity that works on donations only, St Clares Hospice, for how they looked after my Nana. I've just found out they recently closed their doors for lack of money and it broke my heart. But, anything I can do to see that nurses are paid well for their compassion in a tough job, I will do.

Hurroo

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down