Topic: The Blob.

It creeps, and crawls!

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Re: The Blob.

Touche on the Asian comment.  To be clear, I have no problem with the term Asian, just as calling an asian person Chinese as a default term.

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

My DVD is coming on Wednesday from Amazon. Yes, you guys got a dollar from it. smile

"The Doctor is Submarining through our brains." --Teague

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Woo!

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Great track DiFers. Maybe a Pet Sematary 2 talk in the future to complete the Trey Stokes Puppeteering ouevre.
Just wanted to mention Douglas Emerson.. he was the kid in the yellow jacket done in by the Blob in the Sewers. A few years before he'd memorably shoot himself on 90210 pretending to be the Lone Ranger at his Birthday party. Ah, Scott Scanlon...what a dumb kid.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I grabbed this one from iTunes and I'm keeping it. Solid track for a fun riot of a film. I grew up with this movie and I'm so happy (and happy for Trey especially) that it's finally being recognized by other people who aren't me!

Ye shall always be:

1.) Muscular
2.) Aggressive
3.) Busy

I want one of those shirts. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I searched for 'The Blob' on the iTunes Store, and it helpfully suggested: "Did you mean 'The Bob'?" Which, to give them their due, does have a lot more wrong search results.

The first commentary to a movie I previously had not seen. Did not realize this was Darabont. I will have to put off listening to this till i see the movie 1st.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Until I listened to this commentary I didn't realise that there were two "The Blob" movies, having only seen the 1958 version. I'm glad to know that the original wasn't the one Trey was so proud of animating. Because that always confused me. A lot.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I would have worked on the original but they refused to hire me because I hadn't been born yet.   Age discrimination was a big issue in Hollywood even in those days.

That and child Labor laws.  Poor Shirley Temple was forced to perform in her first film at age -2!

Eddie Doty

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Finally caught up with this one. Great job! This was a lot of fun, both to hear Trey's stories and to hear the rest of the panel discover that it's not a bad movie. I would say that Kevin Dillon's hair basically derails the film, but Shawnee Smith and the great physical effects save it from being terrible.

Warning: I'm probably rewriting this post as you read it.

Zarban's House of Commentaries

For those interested in such things, myPDFscripts has posted Darabont's revised draft of The Blob -- basically as shot, from what I can tell by skimming.

Another Stephen King reference I didn't catch in viewing the movie, the diner is the "Tick Tock Diner."

Thumbs up Thumbs down

This was the first DIF episode I listened to. Great stuff, I really enjoyed it. The humor mixed with all the behind the scenes info was outstanding. So much goodness. ^^

Phi wrote:

A lot.

So now I've now seen The Blob (1958).

... Steve McQueen couldn't act surprised if you lit him on fire, huh.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Another piece of Stokes history is finally getting a Blu-Ray release!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

At the same time, The Abyss Blu-ray remains unreleased. An HD transfer has been made years ago, it's one of the worst cases of home video vaporware in history sad

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down