Topic: The IMDB Top 250 checklist

Just dumping this back in here for posterity.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … edit#gid=0

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Re: The IMDB Top 250 checklist

You're too good to me. Knock it off!

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have literally nothing to do at work right now, so I copied this wonderful spreadsheet and "made" a slight variation!

The Down in Front Commentary Checklist

Official episodes only, so no New Moon or Zombieland. Also took out the release date/running time functions because I didn't want to do that much work. tongue I might try to add another column for you to check if you've heard the episode as well as seen the movie—I've only seen 49% of the movies the gang have done commentaries for, but I've heard the commentaries for far more than that. tongue (EDIT: Done.)

@Regan, you continue to deserve all the props for making this thing—still use it all the time, and as someone who has no idea how spreadsheets function I remain minorly in awe of anyone who's able to make one work. orson.gif.

Last edited by Abbie (2019-07-23 15:58:00)

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Spreadsheets are one of those technolgies that was supposed to have become like ten times better by now.

The fact that Excel (and/or Sheets) essentially requires you to learn a whole programming language is sinful.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +5 Thumbs down

Niiice!

Life's not fun without a spreadsheet!

I farmed out most of the excel heavy lifting to Faldor. smile

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I'm on 55% of movies that we've had DIF commentaries for. As for how many I've listened to though? I have no idea. I've listened to plenty of commentaries for films I've not seen and would typically hang around during the live streams even if it was something I hadn't seen.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

It's quite apparent I have an instinctive rule of not listening to a commentary for a film I haven't seen (unless I really have no intention of watching it... like Twilight or Transformers). In the 8% of the list I claim I've seen but not listened to the commentary for, at least half of them may simply be me not remembering it. I'll check.

Thanks Abbie, cool spreadsheet! It's making me realize I haven't listened to several commentaries for films I've seen. Time to bring back the friends in my head once again.

EDIT: Regan, you crazy bastard.

Last edited by Saniss (2019-07-23 19:13:43)

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Top work Abbie Turns out I have seen 67% of DIF films. I need to sit down and watch the rest if only to listen to the commentaries!

On one of the Extended Editions Teague said something like "Oh, as fans I know you guys listen to ALL of them!" and we all meekishly nodded.

He might have sussed us out now!

Extended Edition - 146 - The Rise Of Skywalker
VFX Reel | Twitter | IMDB | Blog

I'm farely sure I've listened to most of the commentaries more than once. They were on rotation on my phone for the longest time. I've never listened to a commentary without first watching the movie - listening to a commentary for a movie you have not seen, is insanity. tongue I think I've only seen some of the later Potters the once - the fantasy woowoo aint my bag (come at me).

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I watched all DiF films and listened to all the commentaries (in many cases more than once). It took many years tongue

That's one of the consequences of a chronic illness - a lot of free time. I guess it's a good opportunity to thank you for making the past 8 years of my life much more enjoyable. DiF has been the gold standard for fan commentaries, you have made some truly great content.

(Until now it wasn't worth bringing up, but I've got a neurological disorder; basically, an area of my brain is malfunctioning. It's incurable, but not life-threatening; it just causes headaches and a few other unpleasantries.)

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

The DIF spreadsheet made me finally sit down and watch Little Shop of Horrors, and holy crap, that ticked all of the boxes for me. Now, I've got a nice and fresh commentary to listen to!

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I've reached a top 250 peak - I mean the last ones I have left to watch, seem interminable - depressing. I've tried a couple of times and failed to watch em. I'd kill to watch Little Shop for the first time again.

Last edited by Regan (2019-07-25 22:42:52)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I have little to contribute, 'cuz obviously I've seen all of 'em, so...

Abbie: Thanks.

Owen: You're welcome.

Faldor: I don't recall saying the thing you said... but, if I had to guess, I'd imagine I meant something along the lines of 'fans won't necessarily not-listen to episodes just because they haven't seen the movie' — thinking of examples like 'Twilight.' Like, it's not that they'll listen to all of the episodes... just that all of the episodes are philosophically 'fair game.' ...I guess. I dunno. Prank caller!

Owen: I'm so happy. If anything surprised you about that movie — big or small, really — I'm all ears.

Marty: I'd love to hear more about your neurological thing. (I've been researching brain-and-nerves-stuff lately.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

Marty: I'd love to hear more about your neurological thing. (I've been researching brain-and-nerves-stuff lately.)

Doctors say it's mostly DCD plus some problems in the frontotemporal brain area showing up on the EEG. I've got small issues with memory and concentration (and then there's clinical depression). All of it is manageable for now, I'm getting some meds.

So honor the valiant who die 'neath your sword
But pity the warrior who slays all his foes...

Thumbs up Thumbs down