Re: Thread for Regan To Be Embarrassed About Later

On #InternationalNursesDay, I thank them. I mean, it's an awful job - an awfully under paid NHS job! I thank them for basically keeping me sane never mind tending to me when I wasn't able to tend to myself. Bloody angels. All of them.

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Notably, many nurses will tell you that they decided to get into nursing after seeing how a dedicated nurse was integral to the recovery of a loved one of theirs. (re-reads sentence, lets it stand but continues)
You can see a lot of the best kind of pay-it-forward among medical professionals.

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I understand that reasoning completely. As far as I don't think I could handle the nursing profession (I'm not made of the right stuff) - paying it forward is something I will always try and do. I used to be in a pop band and played many gigs for a local charity that works on donations only, St Clares Hospice, for how they looked after my Nana. I've just found out they recently closed their doors for lack of money and it broke my heart. But, anything I can do to see that nurses are paid well for their compassion in a tough job, I will do.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'll be embarrassed later - I'm super happy to be puting on weight. The gastroentorolgist said all is well.No inflamatiom in the upper par of my bowel. A B12 deficiency is my only thing.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Hell yeah!

Witness me!

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I can't believe this thing just flared up, got that intense, and, now, is just... slowly going away.

Life is weird.

So, are you roughly 'normal,' at this point, in terms of your overall well-being, or is it still a big daily challenge?

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

For the most part. A bit tired and weak and my joints ache. Mostly down to being B12 deficient not taking in enough being that only part of my bowel is connected. A loosey goosey google search later says people who tend to have a B12 deficiency are the elderly and people who have part of their bowel removed. Nailed it. Some of the symptoms also include shit memory and confusion. That explains that then?! The gastro dude said all should be good for a ileostomy reversal. Usually they will do one after six months but he says they might want to wait longer in my case from having open surgery. He also give me the choice to either start steroids now or regular testing for a crhons inflamation. I chose the latter. The steroids have a whole heap of awful side effects. Some of which include a drastically lower immune system and moon face. I don't want to know what moon face is. He also said the earlier in life it affects you - the likeliness it will be worse later in life. I've no doubt I'll be seeing more of that guy. He's quite refreshing actually. I mean his brunt approach to a bedside manner is admirable.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I assume you're already a steroids pro, but you just made me remember how much unalloyed rage I experienced while on Prednisone after a minor automobile wreck. How I never went sore-loser-wookiee on anybody is beyond me.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

My sister posted this to me so I can't take credit, a belated Happy Halloween!

https://i.ibb.co/FWPNC0Y/uiuiuioui.jpg

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Those are for seeds?
I must've missed the metaphor memo.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Scary shit, innit. tongue

Thumbs up Thumbs down

https://i.imgur.com/McCe5YE.jpg

Thumbs up Thumbs down

How much longer 'til they reconnect your, um, shit?

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Your guess is as good as mine. I was, pretty much waiting to move to the other side of the country until it was reversed. The dietition says yes. The crohns doc says yes. The surgeon... cajugga jugga. Dial tone. I'm on a waiting list. Well, I can't wait no more. I'm moving regardless. It is gonna suck switching all the docs over but, time waits for no man.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Yeah, you gotta lead your life.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Fiiiiinally having an ileostomy pays off. Suck it, you toilet paper needing hoarders.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Also, the year anniversary of hauling my broken guts to hospital just passed. *pulls party popper*

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Regan wrote:

*pulls party popper*

*Regan's guts fall out*

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

So something else to be embarrassed about later:

I fell off my motorbike and broke my right humerus. I was going down a steep country lane and braked on a patch of gravel and skidded uncontrollably. The bike and I went down. I’ve now got a fist full of painkillers, a broken humerus, broken left thumb and ring finger and sprained right thumb and some stinging road rash for good measure.

https://i.imgur.com/9EadAm3.jpg

Last edited by Regan (2020-07-31 19:08:28)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Fuck, that sucks. Feel better soon, and may the painkillers be far too powerful

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

THAT

IS A VISIBLE BREAK

THATTTTT

Teague Chrystie