Re: Sad Max

HenryChM wrote:

Decided to bust out the guitar and see which songs I could still play without looking up the lyrics, so here's a quick-and-dirty rendition of Who's There:

Video link

Hopefully that link should work, I'm rusty in the ways of forum-fu.

Update: Also gave Literally a crack, but didn't quite remember it as well as I thought I did.
Linkity Clinkity

Oh thank god.

Finally.

Someone who can teach me how to play a G-minor on the guitar!

I kid.

(...)

(I don't: Open-Em; open-Am; fake-open-Bm-where-it's-just-an-open-Em-without-the-lower-finger; fake-Cm-where-it's-just-an-index-finger-barring-the-bottom-four-strings-on-the-fifth-fret — these are my minor chords. I've got no zesty minor chords, on this instrument. It's such a drag. I'm living in a world of C [to Am] and G [to Em] for everything, with nuthin' but a capo and a dream. ...and stubby fingers. ...and excuses.)

(Fourteen damn years, Miguel: I've been playing guitar, poorly, for fourteen damn years — and I'm still workin' on that G-minor.)

(Oh, and F-minor! You can do so much fun stuff in the C-major universe with the occasional F-minor to darken the fourth! Like: C, G, Am, F... F-minor. Aw! It wilted! It changed flavor at the end! It's zesty! I'm zestrupt.)

(I do kid, though: Nobody but myself can teach my ass how to play a G-minor on this shit. It's a whole force-journey thing. I have to go to Dagobah, fight my father in a cave, have him turn out to be me by the end, freak out about it, and then start actually practicing barre chords like a person. There's a whole process.)

(...)

Anyway.

I loved this: Lovely performance; lovely accompaniment; one of my favorite tunes to be reminded of (which I can't remember hearing another cover of, off the top of my head — I'm so sorry if I'm forgetting somebody); total flattery that anybody in the world is still walking around with these songs in their head; total gratitude that you'd share it and brighten my day, which was otherwise shaping up to be... pretty dark, if I'm honest. This was a really good day to post this. It helped. smile

Thanks so much for sharing — and, fwiw, I downloaded a copy for safekeeping on my end.

How long have you been playing guitar for, anyway?

(...)

(Fifteen years, right? Please tell me it's 'fifteen years.')

(This has been a joke.)

(So I've decided to invent my own jazz-solo grammar for the usage of parentheses. It's a work in progress. So?)

(...)

Thanks again, mang.

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

This response was a ride.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

Chrysties Wake

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

<waves hands symmetrically like a choir director> BIG FINISH EVERYBODY!
"Life
is
but
a
dreeeam."

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

LatinAlice wrote:

Henry! So glad you could join us folk who sing things!
Nicely done. You sound good enough for the apocalypse big_smile

Rad.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZEWzKF … Owmh_6bghY

Man I wish I could sing

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Regan wrote:

Man I wish I could sing

Oi. Regan.
Newsflash: you can. You’re good, dude!
All us musical folks outta start our own thread and quit hijacking this one tongue I wanna hear more out of all of you.

Last edited by LatinAlice (2019-09-17 19:49:17)

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

I was being an arse and/or hyperbolic whilst sharing my life - my life of loving a good sing a long.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

lol forgive my overly-sensitive self deprecation alarm, it doesn’t pick up on hyperbole.
I heartily share your enthusiasm for a good singalong!

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

I was gonna hammer out a 'Blank Walls and Crowded Shelves' but, no, even with a terrible cover, do I want to touch that. it's lovely and I shouldn't mess with it.

Last edited by Regan (2019-09-18 03:16:11)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Teague wrote:

How long have you been playing guitar for, anyway?

(...)

(Fifteen years, right? Please tell me it's 'fifteen years.')

Might be wrong on this one, but I believe I first started at around March 2005, which rounds up to, you guessed it, fifteen years.

On a semi-related note, I picked up a MIDI keyboard and have been noodling away at learning that since August this year, so maybe when I'm competent enough I'll try put together a lil multi-instrument cover or something.

Thumbs up Thumbs down