Topic: For now, I shall discreetly omit the 'K'-word from this title.

In light of recent charming shenanigans in the chat and Sad Max thread, I have decided that we are big idiots.

There are so many musical people (and people with musical intent) on this board that it's almost a shame to let it go to waste, simply because nobody said we shouldn't. Fuck it: I say we should! Let's try a thread for karaoke!

Oh god!

Disclaimer:

Everybody in this thread solemly swears to only post cover performances which — and this is mandatory — they could probably do a better job of performing, if they just tried harder, or practiced more. There shall be no perfection allowed in this thread. Everybody's context for every performance shall begin and end with: "well, by fiat, all of us are off the hook for judgment, so... let's just see what fun can be had with this." Loose, goofy, campy, or serious; all are equally valid. This thread is intended to be a weird way for us to express ourselves, in highly dorky fashion; it is not intended to be a singing contest. [If we actually did a singing contest, the winner would obviously be Regan.] [I don't know who would win, of course; I just wanted Regan to bust a gut.] [Well. Okay. Poor choice of words.] ['Inside' jokes!] [*bang*]

Look, just sing sumthin,' will ya?

Alright?

(Obviously, the privacy on most of the videos we'll post in this thread will be set to 'unlisted.' ...'cuz, duh.)

(If you don't know how to record a video like this, the software you're looking for is 'OBS.' To the Google!)

Teague Chrystie

I have a tendency to fix your typos.

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Re: For now, I shall discreetly omit the 'K'-word from this title.

HEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeellllllllll YYYYEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I fell on my keyboard. My jam entirely.

When it's not 11 at night here and is fearful of my neighbours ears - belting out tunes - I'm down to over exert my non-ability to sing good with sum'in.

Yayayayayayayayaay

The difficult second album Regan

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

I'm so happy that this thread exists.

Sorry Teague.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YnsAb … XwJucPJ7FG

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Side note: I remember the hate slung Stephen Tylers way for fucking with the national anthem.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

EVERY TIME I hear Kryptonite I think of Planet With No Name. EVERY TIME.

Shall record something - there's a silly thing I've been waffling on for a while and this is a great outlet!

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

I just realized that this thread will quickly become very meta.

My body is ready.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

You'll have to forgive the part where I try tapping on my laptop to imitate tap-dancing, not realizing how sensitive my mic is tongue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ey9q56 … sp=sharing

Thumbs up +4 Thumbs down

Love it [heart_eyes_emoji] AUGH and the tap-dancing, I don't care what you say, it's PERFECT.

Got mine up... had fun! Set the focus a bit too far away though. Not bad, just... well this isn't the place for perfection anyway so hah.

Boter, formerly of TF.N as Boter and DarthArjuna. I like making movies and playing games, in one order or another.

In the spirit of no perfection allowed, we now go beyond the self-referential event horizon from which no actual quality can return. As such, I'm not even editing out the part where I try (and fail) to find the key:

I even put on my best backwards hat

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down

Is it considered bad forum etiquette to post again when you were the last one to post? Regardless, here's this:

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Brilliant. Ev-ry-one!

@Boter make your lyrics scroll faster tongue

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mMguTh … YHspq/view

Abbie, you got some talented tap dancing fingers smile

Last edited by Regan (2019-09-24 05:04:22)

Thumbs up +1 Thumbs down

HenryChM wrote:

Is it considered bad forum etiquette to post again when you were the last one to post? Regardless, here's this:

Holey balls. This kid can play.

what am I still doin up at 6 am.

Thumbs up Thumbs down

I just want to drop in and say OBVIOUSLY this is great, you are all great, goddamn it I love you guys. I am going to bed but will listen properly to everyone tomorrow.

And while I could not participate immediately (I'm vlogging every day in September, fam, I can only produce so much video content in a day) you can bet there will be an Alice in this thread at some point. Singing with little skill and great enthusiasm.

alicia ♆
twitter | instagram | website

I wish I could find harmonics as easily as Regan at least makes it look like it is.

Sébastien Fraud
Instagram |Facebook

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Oh god, I'm definitely doing this. I don't know when I'll be able to do it that won't disturb people and/or wake up the baby, but I am totally on board.

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

hmmm. Let your midi piano parts breath. Failed attempt#3

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hKMIP0 … WOuob/view

Last edited by Regan (2019-09-24 16:19:54)

Thumbs up Thumbs down

tl;dw:

Everyone rules, I am thoroughly delighted for half an hour, and then I randomly decide to do a song at the end.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Teague reactions give me life big_smile

I watched about halfway through - thanks for the kind words on mine, and I agree that Abbie's was a hell of a jam, especially with the tap dancing fingers! I'm still on my phone's data connection but will watch the rest when I get back home tonight.

(I'm sorry about the volume issues. I'll do better at that.)

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up +2 Thumbs down

Oh right, I forgot to answer this. Song with sequel: "It's My Party". Sequel: "Judy's Turn to Cry".

Aw Teague I thought you were gonna go all the way through... guess I gotta finish it tongue

(wait why the hell did i put on the headphones, it was still coming through the speakers)

OH SNAP HE SNUCK ONE IN

"When did you learn this cool stuff" UH I REMEMBER YOU LEARNING THAT STUFF

(I have rave.wmv on my hard drive, one sec while I watch BABY TEAGUE AWWW)

Look. Boter.

That was just about hot as fuck.

It's weird, I know. But here we are. *thumbs up* Lovely.

Teague Chrystie

Thumbs up Thumbs down

Well obviously, Teague, you just fell for more pandering.

https://i.imgur.com/4DP64g1.jpg

I 100% had that in mind while setting up the lighting.

So, my voice is pretty awful today and I kept getting plagued by sync issues, but in the spirit of the thread - fuck it!

Thumbs up +3 Thumbs down